BRITS are set to splash out a whopping £11billion this Easter Bank Holiday weekend – that’s despite the restricted opening hours which are coming into play.
So what times are the shops actually open on Easter Monday? The supermarket giants, including Tesco, Aldi and Sainsbury’s, have confirmed when their doors will be opening over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Tesco has confirmed its Easter Monday 2019 weekend opening hours
What are Tesco’s Easter 2019 opening hours?
On Easter Monday, Tesco’s opening hours may vary depending on locations but as a rule of thumb, all stores in England and Wales will open between 9am and 6pm except Tesco Express stores, which will operate normal hours.
On Easter Sunday, which falls on Sunday April 21 this year, all Tesco superstores and Metro stores will be shut in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Tesco Express stores will be open as usual.
Make sure you double check with your local store using the store finder on their website.
On Bank Holiday Monday, April 22 times may vary but as a rule of thumb Tesco Express will be open from 6am-11pm with Tesco Metro and Superstores from 9am to 6pm.
What are Asda’s Easter 2019 opening times?
On Good Friday stores were open as usual.
Customers are advised to check their local store for exact timings.
Asda stores will be closed on Easter Sunday.
On Easter Monday some stores will again be open but with potentially reduced hours.
What are Sainsbury’s Easter Monday opening hours?
A large number of Sainsbury’s Local stores will be open over Easter but there may well be differences for the bank holiday weekend hours.
On bank holiday Monday, April 22, some stores are opening for shorter days while others – particularly in London – will resume service as usual.
Make sure you check yours to be sure, as times vary shop to shop using the store finder on their website.
Sainsbury’s stores in England, Wales and Northern Ireland will be shut on Easter Sunday – except convenience stores and the ones in petrol filing stations. More detail on Sainsbury’s opening and closing times on Easter Sunday and the bank holiday Monday.
What are Morrisons’ Bank Holiday Monday opening hours?
On Easter Monday, Morrisons stores will be operating but opening times will vary and may be slightly reduced at some shops.
We recommend checking your local branch this using the store finder on their website for further information about the store facilities and stock. Find out more about Morrisons’ Easter opening and closing times.
What are Waitrose’s Easter opening hours?
On Easter Monday, the majority of Waitrose shops will be open from 8am to 7pm with some Little Waitrose stores opening at 7am and 9pm.
It is advisable to check your local store’s opening hours in advance.
You can find out opening hours and store locations using the Waitrose Branch Finder.
There you will also find out what facilities the store has.
What are Aldi’s Easter 2019 opening hours?
Many Aldi stores are open from 8am until 8pm on Easter Monday.
We recommend checking your local branch details beforehand using the store finder on their website.
What are Lidl’s Easter 2019 opening hours?
On bank holiday Monday and stores will operate slightly reduced hours of 8am to 8pm.
Lidl do stress that individual stores may have slight variations so they recommend you check the posters in your local store using the store finder on their website. More on when Lidl is open and closed on Easter Sunday and bank holiday Monday.
When are the Easter 2019 holidays?
Good Friday was on April 19. Easter Sunday is today, April 21 and Easter Monday falls tomorrow April 22.
Because Easter is late this year, in most areas kids will be off for the two weeks before for the Easter break.
Having broken up on on Friday, April 5, this means they will go back on Easter Tuesday, April 23 – which is also St George’s Day in England.
With the weekends and the bank holiday, that stretches to 17 days.
Other schools might take the two weeks either side of Easter so the two bank holidays fall within the Easter holidays.
Dates vary in different areas so you should check your school, council’s website or the Government’s postcode checker.
When are the school holiday dates for 2019?
LEAF IT OUT
Kevin the Carrot fights off the Leafy Blinders sprout gang in new Aldi Xmas ad
MIND THE GAP
Women could get £875-a-year ‘family carer’ pension top-up to plug gender gap
McDonald’s fan gets 20 nuggets for 49p using Uber Eats
BANG OUT OF ORDER
You could be fined £5,000 for letting fireworks off at the wrong time
Mothercare officially goes into administration with plans to close 79 stores
How to get free food at Nando’s this month just by using your phone
The dates below are just a rough guide, but check your local council website for the exact term times.
- Spring term: Monday, February 25, 2019 – Friday, April 5, 2019
- Easter holidays: Monday, April 8, 2019 – Monday, April 22, 2019
- Summer term: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 – Friday, May 24, 2019
- Summer half term: Monday, May 27, 2019 – Friday, May 31, 2019
- Summer term: Monday, June 3, 2019 – Wednesday, July 24, 2019
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at [email protected]or call 0207 78 24516. Don’t forget to join the Sun Money’s Facebook group for the latest bargains and money-saving advice.
Find Asda discount and offer codes with The Sun Vouchers
- Best and worst supermarkets for customer satisfaction - and it's not Aldi or Lidl
- 'My rotisserie chicken is green!' Shoppers at Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons are left 'feeling sick' after discovering discoloured meat inside fresh poultry
- Aldi’s special deals this week include £5 Big Daddy rump steaks and seabass fillets
- Lidl’s hot cross bun range include apple and cinnamon flavour and triple chocolate ones
- Tesco puts 1,700 jobs at risk across stores in bid to ‘simplify’ operations
- Tesco chief Dave Lewis still to reveal hand after 100 days
- Walmart in talks with possible buyers for Asda stake
- UPDATE 2-Britain's Asda suffers Christmas sales fall as consumers hold back
- Asda suffers Christmas sales fall as consumers hold back
- Morrisons is selling two rib-eye steaks with chips for just £5
- Walmart in talks to sell majority stake in Asda
- Tesco puts 1,800 jobs at risk as it scales down in-store bakeries
- Morrisons New Year opening times for New Year's Day 2020
- Aldi’s white chocolate egg and Tesco’s choccy dinosaur among blind Easter egg taste test winners
- Aldi white chocolate Easter Egg comes out on top in taste test - and it costs £4.99
- Asda cuts 2p per litre of fuel as diesel drops to lowest price in two years
- Tesco wins best value supermarket meal deal – here’s how to get the most for your money
- Asda owner Walmart puts stake in supermarket up for sale
- Tesco under fire for blocking rival store openings in 23 parts of the UK
- Ringing changes: UK's first till-free grocery shop opens in London
Easter Monday 2019 opening and closing times for Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Waitrose and Lidl have 1204 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 29, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.