According to the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV), Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Jetstar Pacific, Bamboo Airways and Vietnam Air Services Company (VASCO) conducted a total of 81,193 flights in the four-month period, up 9.5% on-year.
Passengers at Tan Son Nhat International Airport
Among those, national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines had 33,417 flights, up 2.8% against the same period of last year. It was followed by budget airline VietJet with 33,646 flights, up 15%. Meanwhile, Jetstar Pacific and Vasco saw the flight decrease. Newly-opened Bamboo Airways provided 2,024 flights.
There were 12,514 delayed flights between January and April accounting for 15.4% of the total operated flights, up 1.9% on-year.
Budget airline Jetstar Pacific had the highest rate of delayed flights with 2,324 flights, 26.4% of its operated flights during the period. They were followed by Vietjet 18.5% with 6,227 flights; Vietnam Airlines 10.7% (3,561 flights); Vasco 7.7% (255 flights) and Bamboo Airways 7.3% (147 flights).
In the period, 130 flights were cancelled, equal to 0.2% of the conducted flights. Vietnam Airlines had 43 flights, Vietjet with 33, Vasco with 54. Meanwhile, Jetstar Pacific and Bamboo Airways did not cancel any flight.
- New York Airport Delays, JFK, Newark Delay Flight Departures, Arrivals Due to Ice, Sleet and Snow
- Inspections look into rising delayed flights
- Nearly 5,000 flights delayed in February
- Flight cancelled or delayed? Soon you may get up to Rs 20,000 compensation for it
- Ryanair flight attendant warns passengers they’ll be fined £2,000 if they drink own booze… but it’s not true
- Man called in bomb hoax to delay flight
- Flybe cancels dozens of flights – your right to compensation or a refund
- Layover Delays, Stuck In The Airport? 10 Tips To Make Time Fly
- 13 percent of Vietnamese flights cancelled, delayed in Q1: report