Hanoi (VNA) – Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army Sen. Lt. Gen. Pham Ngoc Minh received a senior official from the Bureau of Defence Policy of Japan’s Ministry of Defence in Hanoi on May 9.
Talking to Director of the bureau’s International Security Policy Office Yada Junko, Minh affirmed leaders of the Vietnamese Defence Ministry and General Staff will create the best possible conditions to promote cooperation with Japan in United Nations peacekeeping.
Aside from peacekeeping, the two countries should also push their defence cooperation in other fields, including manpower training, defence industry and information technology, he noted.
The officer expressed his belief that after the recent official trip by Japanese Defence Minister Takeshi Iwaya and this visit by Yada Junko, bilateral defence ties will grow.
For her part, Yada Junko informed her host about the outcomes of her working session with the Vietnam Department of Peacekeeping Operations.
Vietnam and Japan will chair the experts’ group on peacekeeping of the ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting Plus between 2020 and 2023, she said, noting that she believes they will enjoy success in this role.-VNA
- Vietnam, Pakistan to further cooperation in military officer training
- Tough-love Brad Thorn vs 'toxic environment' Quade Cooper
- The Latest: Ali admired for objection to Vietnam War
- Was Brad Thorn right to dump Quade Cooper and Karmichael Hunt?
- Australia's Secret History as a White Utopia
- North Korea: Are Trump's assumptions about the nuclear threat right?
- What has President Trump said about your country?
- HDBank initiative to raise next generation of chess masters
- The Latest: US lawmaker: Were bombers targeting Americans?
- The Latest: Brussels Airport to stay closed until Saturday
- The Latest: Family fears for US couple missing since attacks
- The Latest: Bahamas probes Brussels attacker's nationality
- The Latest: Israel offers Belgium anti-terror expertise
- The Latest: Officials: Paris bombmaker among Brussels dead
- The Latest: Presidential candidates say Ali is The Greatest
- The Latest: Jim Brown recalls Ali as social force, comedian
- The Latest: US lawmaker says UK bomb showed ‘sophistication’
- 'She has to say what she has to say': Trump gives Angela Merkel a pass over ‘tear down walls of ignorance' dig but insists on D-Day that Germany MUST step up its contribution to NATO
- The harrowing story of former NBA lottery pick Robert Swift
- The Week in Wrestling: Adam Cole on his RoH title, Road Warrior Animal on tag teams
Defence ministry supports Vietnam-Japan peacekeeping cooperation: officer have 429 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 10, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.