Launching May 21, Phoenix Labs’ free-to-play monster-slaying MMO Dauntless has had a strong start. By the afternoon of May 23, it boasted a playerbase four million strong. Over half a million of them joined within just the first 24 hours.
Released earlier this week on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store, the game features “true cross-play and cross-progression support.” Dubbed “One Dauntless” by the creators, the ambitious undertaking by Phoenix Labs is a games industry first. Though other titles (such as Final Fantasy XIV) have cross-platform PS4 and PC support, most games do not.
Players have already logged over two million hours of playtime in the first few days. Players have gone on over three million hunts since May 21. In the future, Phoenix Labs plans to release the game on mobile devices and the Nintendo Switch. The company also looks forward to releasing large-scale content in the future.
Use a variety of weapons to take on Behemoths in Phoenix Labs’ Dauntless.
Players take the roles of Slayers, heroes who risk their lives to defend their communities from Behemoths. Slayers are the only defense between the denizens of the Shattered Isles and the Behemoths that would destroy them. Arming themselves with weapons such as pistols, giant axes, chain blades, and swords, they face down giant monsters in deadly combat. They can fight alone or team up with up to three other Slayers. Once they slay the great beast, they harvest it for materials for weapons and armor.
You don’t have to be this guy going it alone. Dauntless lets you bring three friends along for the ride.
That said, the strong start has had its problems. Many players are reporting long waiting queues to play the game, something developer Phoenix Labs is addressing. Most recently they’ve said they are increasing their capacity and yesterday they said they’ve doubled the number of players who could play online versus the day before.
The release of true cross-platform cooperation is huge. Allowing players to seamlessly go from their PCs to a couch with a big screen TV is great. With a strong launch and promises to update the game with more content, Dauntless seems like a game to keep an eye on.
Have a tip for us? Awesome! Shoot us an email at [email protected] and we’ll take a look!
My mood is being able to say “I’m very tired” in as many languages as possible. I play a lot of tabletop RPGs and sometimes I will play a video game. Talk with me about survival horror.
report this ad
- Weekly review: PSX posts gains in all five sessions
- Jason Derulo 'is DATING Manchester United player Jesse Lingard's ex-girlfriend Jena Frumes with the two self-isolating together in LA'
- India's Jio Platforms lands $1.5 billion from Vista Equity, marking 3 big investments in 3 weeks
- Sports ministry and FKF, help players as promised
- Talent show: the London fashion week designers to know this season
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Reaches Another Huge Player Milestone
- Ubisoft posts Q4 results, confirms 11 games this console cycle have sold over 10 million copies
- 'Call of Duty' Warzone Wednesdays Week 7 — Time, Bracket and Where to Watch
- Rob Manfred says he has 'great confidence' MLB will reach an agreement with players
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Cheating Update: PC Players Must Now Use 2FA
- UK households in lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic are spending 41 hours a week online - up almost 30 per cent since social distancing measures were introduced
- Fortnite now boasts over 350 million registered players
- Ronaldo, Beckham, Mayweather own amazing supercars but none can boast the richest car collection in sport
- 'Fortnite' Tops 350 Million Registered Players
- NBA to Decide If Season Will Resume Within the next Four Weeks
- 'I'm a SOCIAL scientist!' White House adviser boasts about his credentials after shouting at Anthony Fauci that there was 'scientific' proof of unproven malaria drug as a coronavirus 'cure'
- Wayne Rooney leading players in a fight against 50 PER CENT wage deferral scheme at Derby during coronavirus crisis
- Five active Premier League players with most number of assists
- French Open 2019: A look at the players to watch at the Roland Garros
- The Latest: 3 players on Brazilian soccer team test positive
Dauntless Boasts over Four Million Players in First Week have 683 words, post on techraptor.net at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.