The Vietnamese nation always remembers those who made dedication to that world-shaking victory, he said.
During the nine-year resistance war, the Vietnamese people and army received invaluable material and spiritual support from Lao, Chinese and Russian peoples in the fight for national defence and reunification, winning the ultimate triumph on April 30, 1975. It was an important foundation to lift ties with Laos, China and Russia to a greater height for the sake of peace, development and prosperity of each nation in the future, he added.
The ceremony was also meant to educate younger generations about the revolutionary tradition of the nation.
War veterans also joined an exchange with students to share their memories of the struggle against French colonialists.-VNA
- Democrat Hicks’ campaign video seeks to unseat GOP Rep. Barr
- Teacher honoured for great efforts in remote areas
- IFFI 2019 Opening Ceremony: Rajinikanth Receives Icon of Golden Jubilee Award
- Kochi: Navy rolls out job plan for veterans
- Famous friends: The list of 194 celebrities the Obama campaign hopes will help with president's re-election
- US-born Latino war veteran who suffers from PTSD and was held for three days by ICE while they tried to have him deported sues feds for $1M after he was awarded $190,000 by Michigan town
- Beto O'Rourke greeted by friendly yet skeptical Iowa crowds as presidential campaign takes shape
- Warren plans Iowa trip in another step toward 2020 campaign
- IFFI 2019: Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth add star power at the opening ceremony in Goa
- IFFI 2019: Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth, Karan Johar add glamour to inaugural ceremony, see pics