Hanoi (VNA) – Musicians and composers Dominik Fuss and Jorg Leichtfried from Austria will make a tour of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City on May 5-7, marking their first-time performance in Asia.
Trumpeter Fuss and pianist Leichtfried will play concerts at Binh Minh Jazz Club Ha Noi on May 5 and Sax ‘n’ Art Jazz Club in HCM City on May 7. Both concerts will start at 9pm, free entry.
While performing for the first time in Asia, the duo has played various venues in Europe and just recently played at the Catharge Jazz Festival in Tunisia, North Africa.
Their main focus lies in exploring the borders between jazz tradition, classical and modern music – just like two playing cards leaning against each other to create a stable rhythmic and interactive construct, according to the introduction of the Austrian Embassy in Hanoi.
With Fuss’ strong sense of melody and Leichtfried’s tasteful harmonic support the concerts are expected to take the audience on a journey covering many originals as well as jazz standards.
On this concert tour, which leads then on to Malaysia, these borders will open up even more, as Vietnamese artists will be invited on stage to jam and improvise together with the two renowned artists. -VNA
- Italian jazz duo to perform in Vietnam
- What's on May 6-12 (Daily updated)
- German jazz ensemble to kick off European Music Festival
- Italian jazz artists to play in Vietnam
- Annual European music fest gets ready to regale fans
- EVENTS SCHEDULED ON DEC. 1-10
- Music - a goodwill ambassador
- “Dialektos” Concert in Hanoi and HCM City
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 16-30 (daily updated)