The contest attracts nearly 1,000 local and foreign artists of 21 choirs from 10 15 countries and territories, including China, Estonia, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, Netherlands, the Philippines, Singapore, the U.S., and Vietnam.
The choirs will compete in various categories, such as Male choirs, Female choirs, Mixed choirs (with male and female voices),Chamber choirs (male or female groups), Chamber choir (mixed groups), Under 17 and under 20 year-old vocal groups, Folk song choirs and Hymn choirs…
Music lovers will have a chance to enjoy performances in the “International melodies” program on May 16-17.
The festival is a chance for the Vietnamese singers to exchange and gain more experiences from foreign colleagues as well as introduce Vietnamese music to the world.
The competition is one of the 12 international competitions held by Interkultur. Established in 1988, the non-profit group from Germany that holds choral festivals and competitions throughout the world.
In March 2011 Interkultur organized the first ever International Choir Competition in Vietnam’s Hoi An. After the big success of this first edition, Hoi An authorities decided to regularly continue the cooperation by biannually hosting the event.
By NGOC PHUC – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Poetry competition open
- Great Debate competition opens
- Federer wins 6th Australian Open for 20th Slam title
- Competition: Win a luxury break at Stobo Castle Health Spa
- Serena in line for Australian Open return
- Serena Williams withdraws from Australian Open
- Former champion Victoria Azarenka pulls out of Australian Open
- Novak Djokovic cruises to first-round win at Australian Open
- Australian Open to look at heat policy
- Kyle Edmund making sure he takes it all in after Australian Open success