The 14th National Assembly (NA) opened its 7th session in Hanoi on the morning of May 20 in a ceremony broadcast live on national television and radio.
|Party and State leaders and NA deputies at the opening of the 14th NA’s 7th session on May 20 – Photo: NDO|
Speaking at the opening, Politburo member and NA Chairwoman, Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan, said that, after the 6th session, the NA Standing Committee, along with other NA committees, the Government, the Supreme People’s Court, the Supreme People’s Procuracy, the State Audit and other related agencies have actively coordinated to prepare for the 7th Session. Basically, the draft laws, projects and reports have been prepared seriously and meticulously, ensuring the quality and progress.
For the session to achieve the best results, the senior legislator urged the NA deputies to promote the spirit of innovation and creativity, while taking time to carefully study the documents, as well as giving comments on each issue, especially those with different viewpoints, to create high unity for the NA to make the correct decisions.
After the opening announcement, Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh presented reports on the supplementary evaluation of the implementation of the socio-economic development plans and State budget in 2018 and the first months of 2019. Chairman of the NA Economic Committee Vu Hong Thanh presented a report on revising the Government reports…
In the afternoon session, the NA listened to the presentation on a statement for a law on amending and supplementing a number of articles under the Law on Insurance Business and the Law on Intellectual Property, as well as the verification report of the draft law on amending and supplementing a number of articles under the Law on Insurance Business and the Law on Intellectual Property.
- National Assembly Chairwoman visits Military Zone 1
- PM addresses issues of concern during Q&A session
- NA continues with Q&A session on October 31
- Jharkhand assembly elections: JD(U) to contest all 81 seats, calls leaders' meet in Ranchi on November 7
- Pistons try to avoid 14th straight loss Friday
- Germany under fire for covering sign during national team training
- Duke tops Michigan St. in Final Four to advance to national title game
- MLB owners convene to try to elect new commissioner
- Machado home run lifts Orioles past Scherzer, Nationals 4-3
- Machado homers, gets plunked as O’s top fading Nationals