WASHINGTON – Anadolu Agency
Two U.S. representatives will travel to Turkey and Switzerland to discuss Syria, the State Department said on April 29.
James Jeffrey, who also serves as the U.S. special envoy for the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIL, and Washington’s special envoy Joel Rayburn will make the April 30-May 2 trip to Ankara, where Jeffrey will lead a delegation to discuss the situation with Turkish officials.
The State Department said talks will include “addressing Turkey’s legitimate security concerns, promoting stability and security in northern Syria as the U.S. military draws down its presence,” as well as the defeat of ISIL and implementation of UN Security Council resolution 2254, which demands a cease-fire and political solution for the country.
Jeffrey has spoken on this concern, saying earlier this month that the U.S. will continue working on an established safe zone along the Turkish-Syrian border, in which YPG/PKK forces would withdraw to ensure it remains free of any threat to Turkey.
In Geneva, Jeffrey and Rayburn will “discuss the latest developments in the ongoing Syrian conflict, with particular emphasis on rising violence in northwest Syria, the need for unhindered humanitarian assistance throughout the country, and further support for UN efforts to foster a Geneva-based political process,” the State Department said.
- Coronavirus in Turkey, Greece and Switzerland: Latest cases, infection rate & lockdown restrictions
- UN official: COVID cases likely far higher than Syria says
- When will the UK travel quarantine list be reviewed today?
- Coronavirus in Turkey and Greece: Latest cases & lockdown rules
- Switzerland, Jamaica and the Czech Republic added to the UK quarantine list giving holidaymakers until 4am on Saturday to get home or face self isolating for 14-day - but Cuba is given the all clear
- EU urges Turkey to stop drilling in Med, ponders sanctions
- Destination roulette and the quarantine shuffle: the new travel landscape
- ISIS Beatles WILL be tried in US over beheading of British and American captives in Syria after Supreme Court ends block on UK sharing vital evidence with America
- Syria talks 'respectful' but no agenda, date for next meet
- COVID Infections Delay Syria Constitution Talks
- U.S. Says Iran Must Leave Syria, Russia Can Stay, But Allies Keep the Oil
- Russian delegation in Syria to expand trade, economic ties
- Refugees Abandoned at Sea Between Turkey and Greece
- 'Why can't they give us until Sunday?' Fuming Britons scrambling to get back to the UK from Czech Republic and Switzerland blast 40 hours' notice which means they must return by 4am on Saturday or face quarantine
- US interrogates Pakistan’s ISIS terrorists in Syria
- Greek and Turkish warship collide in stand-off over Mediterranean gas field Turkey accuses France of 'bullying' after Macron sent Navy in to support Athens
- Switzerland, Czech Republic and Jamaica added to quarantine list but holidays to Cuba back ON
- Turkey Arrests 'Emir' of Daesh Terrorist Organisation
- Spain coronavirus travel: What are the UK quarantine rules and are there still flights available?
- Portugal needs 'miracle drop' to avoid losing travel corridor
US Syria envoys to travel to Turkey, Switzerland have 519 words, post on www.hurriyetdailynews.com at April 30, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.