The Masters will tee off in Augusta on Thursday with all the big names in the game competing for the first Major of the season.
Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Tommy Fleetwood and Francesco Molinari are all in contention for a Green Jacket.
Sir Nick Faldo, who has won The Masters three times, said: “I have got at least 20 guys I think you really could place. I don’t know who is going to win.
“If Rory wins the Grand Slam that is fantastic. If Tiger wins, my goodness, what is that story going to be.
“Might make the morning papers – for the next three months! There are plenty – let it unfold and see what happens.”
Here is our man in Augusta Neil McLeman’s betting tips, with odds courtesy of Ladbrokes…
Rory McIlroy 8-1
The Ulsterman is the favourite after winning The Players Championship last month and finishing in the top ten of all of his seven events on the PGA Tour this year. The last player to enter the Masters with the same record was Phil Mickelson in 2004 – and he won his first Green Jacket. The world No.3 needs to win here to complete his career Grand Slam.
Tiger Woods 16-1
The American superstar competed in the last two Majors of last season – including shooting a final-round 64 at the US PGA – and won the Tour Championship at Atlanta. He is seeking his 15th Major title and first since the 2008 US Open. But the 43-year-old pulled out of the Arnold Palmer Invitational with a neck injury and has only one top-ten finish this season.
Justin Rose 14-1
The world No.1 and Olympic champion finished second here in 2015 and should have won in 2017 when he lost a playoff to Sergio Garcia. He won the Farmers Open in California in January but no world No.1 has won the Masters since Tiger Woods in 2002.
Francesco Molinari 20-1
The Open champion will bring the confidence of his perfect Ryder Cup into the first Major of the season. The Italian has not previously performed well here – he has not finished in the top 18 in seven previous appearances – but he has added length to his game and won the Arnold Palmer Invitational last month
Tommy Fleetwood 30-1
The Southport star has yet to win on the PGA Tour but he is one of the best drivers in the game. Missed the cut on his Masters debut in 2017 and played the first two rounds with Tiger Woods last year before shooting a 66 in the third round.
Dustin Johnson 10-1
The world No.2 has the game for Augusta – he is a huge driver, good with his wedge and solid with his putter. He came in as red-hot favourite and world No.1 in 2017 – and had to pull out after slipping on the stairs in his rented house. He has finished in the top ten in his last three appearances here.
Brooks Koepka 25-1
The another half of the Boom Brothers with his friend Johnson, Koepka is another big hitter and definitely big-time player. The world No.5 has won only five PGA titles – three of which are Major titles. He held off Tiger Woods to win the US PGA last August.
Charley Hoffman 100-1
The American led by four shots after an opening 65 in 2017 and is 16-under par in the first round since 2015. His odds to lead at the end of the first round at 40-1. The world No.66 is in good form after finishing second at the Valero Texas Open on Sunday.
There are 17 players making their first appearances here this week, including Matt Wallace and Eddie Pepperell.
But only three men have ever won the Masters on their debut – and the last was Fuzzy Zoeller back in 1979.
- U.S. Open 2020: Latest Odds, Favorites and Best Picks for Winged Foot
- ‘Tiger’: The Rise, Fall, and Partial Redemption of Golf’s Great Hope
- Snooker tips and betting offers – Masters 2021: Get £30 in FREE BETS with Betfred
- Tiger: Neon's enlightening doco details the rise and fall of golf's former king
- 11pm Chelsea transfer news LIVE: ‘Experienced’ Lampard replacement eyed, Haaland bid planned, Tomori to Milan LATEST
- Netflix top pick movies to watch in January 2021: Booksmart, The White Tiger and MORE
- Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal, Juventus, Messi LATEST updates as Atletico sign Dembele
- 11pm Transfer news LIVE: Ozil ‘exit talks’, Liverpool, Man Utd, Juve updates, Arsenal, Messi LATEST
- Trump will not pardon himself, his children or Rudy Giuliani after months of speculation - with Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, Edward Snowden and Tiger King's Joe Exotic all also missing out on president's clemency spree
- West Ham transfer news: The FOUR most likely striker signings David Moyes could complete in January after Haller sale
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 21
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 16
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 13
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 11
- 11pm Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Tuchel and Allegri contacted as five-men Lampard replacement shortlist drawn up
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 12
- Kevin Na pips Joaquin Niemann and Chris Kirk to Sony Open victory
- FMIA: How The Browns—And A Guy Named Blake—Survived Weird Wild-Card Week And Upset The Steelers
- Huawei and China-US tensions: Where do we go from here?
- The 47 best movies on Hulu right now
The Masters 2019 betting tips and latest odds - with Tiger Woods' chances assessed have 860 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.