Police have identified the suspect behind Saturday’s shooting at The Chabad Synagogue that left one person dead and several others wounded. According to authorities, John T. Earnest, a 19-year-old from San Diego was arrested and has been questioned.
Update #9 @SDSheriff Gore: We are serving search warrants for the suspect’s home, car and the Chabad of Poway. We are also working with @FBISanDiego, @ATFHQ & @EscondidoPolice to check John Earnest’s possible involvement in the arson and vandalism of mosque in @Escondido_CA.
— San Diego Sheriff (@SDSheriff) 28 апреля 2019 г.
The NBC broadcaster, in the meantime, has reported that an anti-Semitic letter had been posted online several hours before the attack by a user, who called himself JohnTEarnest.
The author of the letter said that he was inspired by Robert Bowers, who staged a shooting at a synagogue in Pittsburgh in October that killed 11 people, and Brenton Tarrant, who shot dead 50 people in mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand on 15 March. He pointed out that the preparations for the attack on the synagogue in Poway had been started soon after the Christchurch shooting.
The letter is reportedly full of anti-Semitic statements. The author also criticised the policy of US President Donald Trump over his support for Israel.
The anti-Semitic letter, published before the incident, refers to the 2018 shooting in Pittsburgh, which took place on 27 October and became the deadliest ever attack against the Jewish community in the United States.
At the same time, the 15 March mosque shooting was the deadliest terror attack in New Zealand. The suspected shooter also published a manifesto filled with anti-Muslim statements prior to committing the massacre.
- The dark ‘incel’ internet subculture praised on the Facebook page of the Toronto van attack suspect
- Westminster attack: Details of jihadi manifesto sent by Khalid Masood minutes before atrocity revealed
- YouTube shooter legally purchased firearm in San Diego earlier this year
- Police searching for missing Christchurch man with short term memory loss
- LIVE: Review into Manchester Arena attack emergency response published
- Who was Stephen Paddock, how old was the Las Vegas shooter, how many guns did he have and was he a multi-millionaire?
- Calls for private security to return to Christchurch Park after memorial trees destroyed by vandals
- Manchester marks the anniversary of the Arena terror attack
- Parliamentary report claims the UK will lose security influence after Brexit
- Capital Gazette shooting: Five killed in 'targeted' attack on Maryland newsroom
- ‘Planned’ carnage: Annapolis shooter ‘made threats against paper for years’ but no charges pressed
- Female shooter 'had railed at YouTube'
- Capital Gazette staff describe horror of Maryland shooting as attack rattles newsrooms across US
- US suspected shooter had been investigated
- Maryland shooting: Five killed in 'targeted' attack at newsroom following social media threats
- Maryland shooting – who were the Capital Gazette reporters killed when a gunman stormed their office?
- Pennsylvania school district gives teachers baseball bats to fight attackers
- Michael McIntyre robbed in terrifying hammer attack
- Grief-stricken Capital Gazette staff publish paper after five colleagues killed
- YouTube shooter’s online posts: No, she was not a radical Muslim
Synagogue Shooter Reportedly Published Manifesto Praising Christchurch Attack have 519 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 27, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.