Wayne Rooney said he had no complaints after receiving a red card following a VAR review in DC United’s heavy Major League Soccer (MLS) defeat to in-form Los Angeles FC on Saturday. England’s record goal-scorer started the fixture at Audi Field and in the 50th minute, with the hosts already trailing 3-0 en route to their first league defeat of the season, produced a reckless, studs-up challenge on LA midfielder and early MVP favourite Diego Rossi. DC captain Rooney was initially shown only a yellow card by referee Robert Sibiga, but that was swiftly upgraded to the seventh red of his career for club and country after quick intervention from the VAR. Speaking after the match – which Ben Olsen’s side lost 4-0 thanks to a Rossi hat-trick and early effort from former Arsenal forward Carlos Vela – the 33-year-old admitted that he deserved to be sent off and could not dispute the process, though insisted there was no malice intended. “I have no arguments,” he said. “It wasn’t malicious, I didn’t try to hurt him. “But obviously I caught him. I was expecting (a red card) really when the referee gave me the yellow. It’s the right call.” It was a first dismissal of… Read full this story
- 'There is no debate': Celtic's Griffiths deserved red card, says Hamilton manager
- Head coach Park punished for Sea Games red card
- Ref Watch: Raheem Sterling's tackle on Dele Alli not a red card, says Dermot Gallagher
- Victorious Mourinho hails Spurs but says Sterling deserved 'clear red card'
- Player sees 2nd red card after VAR reprieve
- Jose Mourinho says VAR is killing football as Spurs appeal Son Heung-min red card
- Warrington prop Chris Hill provides unique insight into red card tackle and ban
- Report: ‘Little Evidence Of Cheating’ In Red Sox Investigation, Punishment To Be Light
- The fastest red card in football
- Neymar scores for PSG win, as Reina seals victory for Milan in red card fest
Rooney admits he deserved red card after VAR punishes dreadful tackle have 340 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at April 7, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.