Dao Ngoc Huan instructs her autistic student how to write (Photo: tienphong.vn) Hanoi (VNS/VNA) - A retired teacher living on Hanoi’s Kham Thien street, Dao Ngoc Huan has become well known among her community for helping disadvantaged children. For the past two years, every afternoon at 4pm, Huan picks up an autistic boy from school and teach him how to read and write at her house. From not being able to write a single letter, thanks to the old teacher’s help, he is now able to write neatly. He is one of many autistic students taught by teacher Huan for free. All of them call her “mother”. She calls them “special angels”. “I have not been through any training to teach children with special needs. I have collected knowledge through books and real experience,” she told Tien Phong (Vanguard) newspaper. “The class is free. Parents give me small amounts of money to pay for petrol or xe om (motorbike taxis) to pick up children at school,” she said. The 70-year-old woman taught at primary schools in suburban Hanoi for more than 20 years and has many students who found success but some of them still struggle. She remembered one night when her drug-addicted student could… Read full this story
- Retired teacher charged with raping student years ago
- Are you ready for 8,000 days or more in retirement?
- The allotment that helps abused and neglected children thrive
- Countryfile launches fourth ramble for BBC Children In Need
- Vietnamese children with cleft lips, palates receive free surgeries
- Teach children about berries – they engage with nature, connect with others
- Professor Green ready to ‘humour the idea’ of children
- The Pig Society? Life in South Pork
- Doctor inspires a new way to train teachers — and a new kind of school
- Chernobyl children made at home with Norfolk second families
Retired teacher dedicates life to disadvantaged children have 318 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 14, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.