During the previous quarter, RIL posted a rise of 8.8 per cent in its net profit for the quarter ended December 31, 2018, thus becoming the first Indian private company to post Rs 10,000 crore profit in one single quarter. This is the second consecutive quarter when the oil-to-retail-to-telecom conglomerate has posted a quarterly net profit of about Rs 10,000 crore.
The statement also highlighted that the company’s cash profit increased by 6.1 per cent to Rs 16,349 crore in the fourth quarter along with a revenue hike of 19.4 per cent to Rs 1,54,110 crore.
Commenting on the result, Mukesh Ambani said, “During FY 2018-19, we achieved several milestones and made significant strides in building Reliance of the future. Reliance Retail crossed ₹ 100,000 crore revenue milestone, Jio now serves over 300 million consumers and our petrochemicals business delivered its highest ever earnings. I am proud of the entire Reliance team; their hard work and dedication have laid the foundation for these achievements and many more to come.”
“The Company has delivered record consolidated net profit of Rs 39,588 crore for the year in a period of heightened volatility in the energy markets. I am delighted to highlight that our Company has more than doubled its PBDIT in last five years to Rs 92,656 crore – establishing a global benchmark for value creation,” he added.
RIL’s consumer businesses clocked an Ebitda (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation) of Rs 1721 crore this quarter.
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Here's what Wall Street is getting wrong about Netflix (NFLX)
- Paytm e-commerce narrows losses to Rs 1,171 cr in FY19
- Trump tax law paves way for Wall Street banks to hit huge first-quarter profits
- Netflix is climbing after a Wall Street analyst says to buy the dip because of growth in India (NFLX)
- THAI announces results for the first quarter of 2017
- Disney's 2Q beats estimates despite soft theatrical revenue
- Roku Beats Wall Street Expectations, Shares Climb on Strong Q1 Streaming Growth
- Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley both report strong 3Q profits
- China, tariffs ding Ford profits
- Ford CFO Shanks about to retire as company seeks to double profit
- Ford CFO Shanks retiring as company seeks to double profit
- Natural gas, industrials raise DTE's 2018 estimates
- Exxon Mobil reports rising profits, falling production volumes
- Asia leads travel industry's recovery says Abacus International
- When is Michael McIntyre net worth, when was the comedian robbed in his car and who’s his wife Kitty Ward?
- Pharma giant Pfizer to combine with Mylan in a $10 billion deal - set to generate $20 billion a year in revenue
- Netflix tumbles into a bear market (NFLX)
- Netflix is sliding after receiving its first Oscar nomination for best picture
- Will your 401(k) feel the squeeze of higher tariffs?
- Urstadt Biddle: Fiscal 3Q Earnings Snapshot
Reliance Industries March quarter net profit jumps 10% to Rs 10,362 cr; surpasses street estimates have 514 words, post on news.abplive.com at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.