YEREVAN, APRIL 26, ARMENPRESS. Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan attended the opening of the international conference of the World Association of Women Entrepreneurs (FCEM). The conference is hosted by the Armenian Young Women’s Association and Armenia’s Female Entrepreneurs Network.
As ARMENPRESS was informed from the Office of the Prime Minister of Armenia, PM Pashinyan delivered a speech, in which he stated, in part:
I am glad to greet you on the occasion of today’s conference dedicated to women’s entrepreneurship. The larger part of the population in the Republic of Armenia consists of women, and women are about half the economically active population in our country. This is especially true to be stated at this conference because it would be hard to imagine that the proposed economic revolution may succeed in Armenia if we are not able to boost women’s entrepreneurship.
Let me say that over the past year women’s role and the level of women’s activity have considerably increased in the Republic of Armenia. And let me also say that the non-violent velvet revolution that took place last year in Armenia would not be a reality without such a large-scale participation of women. For me, this was the first sign that our women’s overwhelming involvement in revolutionary processes and mass events last year was the first and indisputable proof that a revolution had really started in Armenia, and women were to play a key role in our revolution. I am hopeful and convinced that women will play a central role in the proposed economic revolution as well.
An event dedicated to the World Intellectual Property Day was being held on the second floor a few hours ago. It is crucial for any business undertaking to be supported by a specific idea. This is extremely important, because any business activity first of all implies intellectual activity and it is impossible to do anything without thinking. This is especially important in today’s Armenia, in the 21st century, since each one of us must clearly state that we are responsible for our decisions and steps and we should be able to reap the fruits of our work.
I am convinced that we will have increasingly more such ideas in Armenia. We can see such ideas today. For example, it seems that everything is well thought out, but people may think of creating a new type of tea and be successful in the Republic of Armenia. It seems that tea has been invented long ago and has existed for several millennia.
The other day, I voiced a strange idea, which can be the subject of heated discussions. I said that the expression “we do not need to invent a bike” was harmful because it might dissuade people from acting and inventing. If the phone’s inventor had been guided by the “no need to create a phone” logic, the telephone would not have been be created.
Therefore, I would call on all Armenian women not to be afraid of inventing a bicycle. Please dare and take your step, and you will definitely be the winner. Your victory is that of the Republic of Armenia, the Armenian nation and humanity, in general.”
The World Association of Women Entrepreneurs is an association of business women from all over the world, founded in 1945 in the wake of World War II. It brings together more than 5 million business women in 120 countries across 5 continents. It has advisory status in the UN, the Council of Europe, the International Labor Organization and the European Parliament. The incumbent President of the FCEM is Marie-Christine Oghly.The Armenian Young Women’s Association has been a full member of the World Association of Women Entrepreneurs since 2014.
The agenda of the Yerevan-hosted international conference of the World Association of Women Entrepreneurs covers issues related to environmental protection, including environmentally responsible business, responsible mining, alternative energy, and social entrepreneurship.
High-level delegations from 21 countries, female business women representing Armenia, ambassadors accredited in Armenia, representatives of state and international organizations are taking part in the conference.
The aim of the international conference is to present successful practices of women’s entrepreneurship in different countries, discuss factors that hinder female entrepreneurship and women’s involvement in business activities, establish business contacts with business women from Armenia and other countries, and discuss innovative ideas regarding women’s entrepreneurship in Armenia.
- Boris's double vaccine victory over the EU: MPs hail PM's 'Falklands moment' as two phone calls to Ursula von der Leyen saw her ditch plans to limit Pfizer jabs to the UK and abandon the 'nuclear option' of a hard border on Northern Ireland
- ‘EU must go after Putin’s money’: Alexei Navalny aide says Europe must seize assets belonging to Vladimir’s allies and oligarchs
- 101 Popular Trends From the Year You Were Born
- Boris Johnson reveals huge list of areas where even primary schools must SHUT until at least January 18 to all but vulnerable children and kids of key workers - and warns some secondary school pupils could stay at home INDEFINITELY
- Boris Johnson told Ursula von der Leyen the EU's planned vaccines blockade of Northern Ireland could KILL British pensioners by preventing them getting a second jab in 'spicy' phone calls that forced Brussels to abandon the 'nuclear option'
- One final salute: Officer Sicknick's grief-stricken parents and colleagues watch as his ashes depart Capitol for Arlington after Congressional leadership united to attend Rotunda ceremony for fallen cop who died during siege
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh calls all-party meet on Feb 2 to show unity over farmers' protest
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh says violence in Delhi unacceptable, orders high alert in Punjab
- 'If tomorrow is my last day, it'll be a good one... I'll see everyone I've ever loved': From suicidal war missions to the unlikeliest love story, the inspirational life of national treasure Sir Tom Moore, whose joyous philosophy on life never wavered
PM Pashinyan urges Armenian women not to be afraid of inventing a bicycle have 979 words, post on armenpress.am at April 26, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.