The ranking is mentioned in a recent report by China’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism. The Vietnamese coastal town followed Indonesia’s Bali and Thailand’s Phuket. However, after a sudden storm off Phuket capsized and sank a tourist boat, killing 47 Chinese nationals last summer, there was a record decline in the number of Chinese tourists visiting Thailand last year, according to the South China Morning Post. Boracay Island in the Philippines came in fourth while Sabah in Malaysia finished the top five listing. Nha Trang, in the central province of Khanh Hoa, is well known for its beaches and scuba diving, attracting large numbers of backpackers, more affluent travelers, as well as Vietnamese tourists. Nha Trang Bay is widely considered as among the world’s most beautiful bays. In 2018, Nha Trang received more than 1.4 million Chinese tourists, up 56 percent from a year earlier, accounting for more than half of its international arrivals. China has been Vietnam’s main source of tourists in recent years, making up one third of all foreign visitors. More than four million Chinese visitors arrived in Vietnam last year, up 48.6 percent year-on-year. Survey results released last year by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism showed that the average… Read full this story
- Weekend Driver: La Jolla’s hidden beach spots
- Sports Ronaldo accepts fine for tax evasion, avoids jail Malaysian tourists charged $21.5 for dish of stir-fried eggs in Nha Trang
- Sports Ronaldo accepts fine for tax evasion, avoids jail Two firms fined for illegally employing 22 foreigners in Nha Trang
- Driver ratings from the Chinese Grand Prix
- MGM National Harbor, new Maryland 'landmark,' gambling on region's casino appetite
- Jayden Simon’s game-high 26 points, 11 boards not enough to lift Lincoln past 3A state favorite Rainier Beach
- INDYCAR: What Drivers Said after qualifying for Sunday’s Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach
- Australian tourist is accused of drunkenly attacking hotel security guards in Bali after a drinking bender - but he can't remember a thing
- Are Chinese drivers making a foray towards F1?
- Driver Ratings: Chinese Grand Prix
Nha Trang among top regional beach spots for Chinese tourists have 354 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.