Fandango officially reports today that Avengers: Endgame — ahead of its U.S. opening at 6 PM tonight — is officially its biggest ticket preseller of all time with 8,000 showtimes already sold out coast to coast (and beyond), from Hilo, HI, to Newington, NH.
This easily crushes Fandango's previous record holder, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The online and mobile movie ticket retailer's new list of the top presellers of all time:
- Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015, opening B.O.: $247.9M)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017, $220M)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018, opening B.O.: $257.6M)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016, $155M)
As we reported earlier this week, industry estimates figure that advance ticket sales for Endgame are between $120M-$140M . Word is that theater chains keep posting new opening-weekend showtimes and adding new screens for Endgame on Fandango.
‘Avengers: Endgame’ Review: Marvel’s Superhero Epic Will Have Fans Singing Its Praises – And They Should
Among the presales records the MCU film finale has set on Fandango to date:
- Biggest preseller of all time;
- Best first-day sales (previously held by Force Awakens ) in just six hours;
- Sold 5 times as many tickets in the first week of presales as were sold for Infinity War , in the same window;
- FandangoNow saw a nearly 50% increase in transactions on Marvel titles in the weeks since Avengers tickets went on sale
"It's pacing to be our biggest box office weekend of all time," Fandango managing editor Erik Davis said. "We've never seen so many new screens and new showtimes added to meet the demand. I expect fans to go back for repeat viewings of Endgame throughout the weekend to catch all the things they missed in the film's three-hour running time."
While standard estimates have Endgame opening between $260M-$270M here, know that the math is there for this 3 hour, 1 minute movie to potentially hit $300M off 12,000 U.S./Canada auditoriums at four to five showtimes a day, and playing on five to eight screens at a 70% capacity. If Endgame doesn't hit $300M, it just means people didn't spend to that extent. The point being, the cinematic infrastructure is there in the U.S. for Endgame to hit that level.
- 'Avengers: Endgame': How much will Marvel's epic finale make this weekend?
- Who'll be the box-office king? James Cameron confident of 'Avatar 2' breaking 'Endgame's' record
- 'Avengers: Endgame' has biggest opening day ever
- James Cameron Congratulates Avengers: Endgame on Passing Avatar for All Time Box Office Record
- 'Avengers: Endgame' has already broken the global box office record
- Fortnite does whatever it takes in upcoming Avengers: Endgame crossover
- James Cameron Congratulates Avengers Endgame Team, Says 'It Took Avengers to Sink My Titanic'
- James Cameron is Certain Avatar 2 will Beat Avengers Endgame at Box Office
- James Cameron Says Avatar Passing Avengers: Endgame with a Re-Release Is a Certainty
- Avengers: Endgame highest grossing foreign movie in Vietnam
- Avengers: Endgame Officially Getting Re-Released With New Footage (Exclusive)
- Avengers: Endgame obliterates box office records
- The 2 MCU Movies You Must Watch Before Avengers: Endgame According to the Russo Bros.
- See every Avengers: Endgame trailer and poster so far - 'Hulk out'
- “Avengers: Endgame” is just the beginning
- Avengers: Endgame - what we know so far
- Has the Biggest Opening Weekend Ever With $1.2 Billion Global Debut
- Took Shockingly Little Time to Make $100 Million
- I Didn’t Give a Sh*t About Marvel Movies Till I Saw Tessa Thompson in
- Hollywood celebrates finale of ‘Avengers’ movies
More Proof ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Is Headed Toward Record Opening: Marvel Pic Is Fandango’s Biggest Preseller Of All Time have 630 words, post on deadline.com at April 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.