THE maniac behind the tragic San Diego synagogue shooting was inspired by last month’s Christchurch massacre in New Zealand and had previously burned down a mosque, according to a manifesto.
Gunman John Earnest, 19, is believed to have carried out the shooting without support from anyone else, San Diego Sheriff Bill Gore said in a statement on Sunday.
The document reads: “Tarrant (Christchurch shooter) was a catalyst for me personally. He showed me that it could be done. And that it needed to be done.”
San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said investigators were reviewing the suspect’s social media posts and “his open letter.”
The sick manifesto posted online was filled with anti-Jewish bile – and support for the alleged New Zealand mosque shooter Brenton Tarrant, reported New York Post.
Its author also claimed to have set a nearby mosque on fire last month.
The document continues: “To my family and friends. I can already hear your voices. ‘How could you throw your life away?’”
“What value does my life have compared to the entirety of the European race?”
Killer Earnest also referenced the Pittsburgh synagogue shooter in the manifesto, saying: “It’s a shame that Robert Bowers especially got such a bad rap.”
Earnest fired shots on the final day of the Passover.
One woman was killed and three people were injured on April 27.
The gunman opened fire in the busy Chabad of Poway near San Diego, California at 11.30am local time (BST).
Four people were taken to the Palomar Medical Centre to receive treatment – including a young girl.
Earnest, of San Diego, is believed to be a nursing student at California State University and has no known criminal record.
Sri Lanka warns another terror attack IMMINENT by jihadis dressed as soldiers
Mum’s husband killed her, dumped her in a lake then drained her savings
Vegan protesters in pig masks storm Greggs forcing out customers
LIVE AND LET DIVE
‘Spy’ whale fitted with Russian military camera found swimming off Norway
NO WAY, NIGE
Oldham boss says Farage ‘stayed in pub’ when he visited town after race row
UNLUCKY IN LOVE
EuroMillions winner Jane Park’s crude joke over 362 days without sex
There are indications in online messages that the shooter planned to live-stream the synagogue attack on Facebook – but did not succeed.
Earnest, who has been held without bail, is scheduled to appear in a San Diego court on Wednesday to face a charge of murder and three counts of attempted murder, according to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department website.
The horrific attack came exactly six months since a shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue killed 11 people in the deadliest attack on Jews in US history.
- Victims of 2019 San Diego synagogue shooting allowed to sue gunmaker
- Synagogue Shooting Keeps Religious Leaders on Edge: ‘No One Should Be Gunned Down in Worship’
- Suspected gunman in 2019 California synagogue shooting pleads guilty
- What to Know About the Poway Synagogue Shooting
- Suspected San Diego area synagogue gunman appears in court
- Anti-Semitic open letter posted online under name of Chabad synagogue shooting suspect
- U.S. prosecutors add hate crime charges in San Diego area synagogue shooting
- Woman killed in synagogue shooting near San Diego remembered as 'a kind soul'
- Judge rules that synagogue shooting victims can sue gunmaker
- Man Pleads Guilty to Murder in Deadly Shooting at California Synagogue
- More Than a Dozen Victims in Critical Condition After New Zealand Shootings
- Shootings Renew Debate Over How to Combat Domestic Terrorism
- California synagogue shooter pleads guilty in deadly attack, will spend life in prison
- 'Our great shame': Poway shooting suspect's family releases public apology
- Columbine school shooting 20 years later: Victims' families reflect on what has changed and what hasn't
- The men behind QAnon
- Dayton Gunman Had Been Exploring ‘Violent Ideologies,’ F.B.I. Says
- The dark reality is right-wing extremists don't stand out in our toxic political environment
- Is California's assault weapons ban really over? Gun control advocates hope not
- In New Era of Terrorism, Voice From Yemen Echoes
Maniac, 19, behind San Diego synagogue shooting was ‘inspired by Christchurch massacre’ and had previously burned down a mosque have 714 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.