Vietnam needs to settle fundamental problems before it can think of building smart cities, experts say. The Da Nang City People’s Committee has announced it will spend VND2.1 trillion to implement a smart city project from now to 2025. To date, more than 30 cities and provinces have been implementing or have begun preparing for similar projects. Meanwhile, some analysts say that local authorities have been too hasty to build smart cities, though they think agree with the concept. Nguyen Van Ngai, vice rector of Hoa Sen University, said that there was a ‘smart city rush’ which follows the ‘airport rush’, ‘university rush’ and a movement to build administration centers. He said while local authorities have called on to build smart cities, their understanding about smart cities remains vague. Authorities need to develop modern, clean and safe cities. Local people want authorities to gather strength on settling urgent problems such as pollution, flooding, traffic jam, accidents and robberies before thinking of smart cities. An analyst, agreeing with Ngai, said it is easy to attract foreign investors. “They will come if they can see promising profits. However, before inviting them to Vietnam, local authorities need to think about how to program… Read full this story
- Local SEO Landing Pages 2.0
- Preparing for local reach in a 'post-rank' world, Part 2: Create content for local research
- 6 ways IoT will make local search for SMBs scalable
- Virginia is for Lovers…and Amazon HQ2: How DC Metro Communities and Commuters are Preparing
- Wednesday's Best Deals: KitchenAid Mixer, Smart Security System, Dyson Vacuum, and More
- Marketing Day: Link relevancy vs authority, Facebook AI efforts & affiliate networks
- Cybercrime: Why can't the Middle East get to grips with the threats?
- Tragic lorry migrant, 26, 'was deported from UK just DAYS before dying in trailer', say Vietnamese family who remortgaged home to fund £30,000 return trip
- She Was an Ultraconservative Texas Christian. Then Kai Was Born and Everything Changed.
- The American Presidency
Local authorities have big plans to build smart cities have 336 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 5, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.