The girl group will participate in a show called V-Heartbeat Live, a Vietnam-South Korean music show held at Saigon’s Hoa Binh Theatre this April.
All five members of the group will be performing in Vietnam for the first time since they made their debut in 2014. The organizers have announced that K-pop girl band Weki Meki and singer Jung Sewoon will also perform in the event.
Sharing the stage with the South Korean artists will be famous Vietnamese pop singers like Van Mai Huong, Soobin Hoang Son, Hoang Yen Chibi and Thieu Bao Tram.
Red Velvet is a popular South Korean girl band managed by SM Entertainment, one of the biggest entertainment companies in South Korea. Its five members are Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy and Yeri.
They rose to popularity with several hit songs such as Ice Cream Cake, Rookie, Red Flavor and Bad Boy. They received the Best Rookie Award at South Korea’s Golden Disc Awards in 2015 and Best Female Group in Mnet Asian Music Award 2017.
The V-Heartbeat Live is one of several recent events that have featured that K-pop stars. Last month, K-pop boy band Super Junior and solo artist Chungha also performed in Ho Chi Minh City.
- K-pop girl group Red Velvet adds second Southern California show after first one sells out in a Pasadena minute
- Multinational K-pop girl band GWSN drops second EP after solid debut last year | Yonhap News Agency
- K Pop girl band 2NE1 perform in Vietnam
- K-pop girl band T-ara to perform in HCMC in January 2015
- K Pop girl band to film reality TV show in Vietnam late August
- K pop girl band coming to Vietnam
- K-Pop girl band to film reality TV show in Vietnam late August
- Blackpink Set To Be The First K-Pop Girl Group To Perform At Coachella
- Blackpink: 5 Things to Know About the K-Pop Girl Group