Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Festival 2019 grosses US$5.16 million. Photo: VNA
The event featured various activities, including seminars, exchanges and offers of tours, which attracted more than 250,000 visitors. The information was given by Ho Chi Minh City Department of Tourism at the closing ceremony on April 14.
At this year’s event, the Ho Chi Minh City tourism stimulation program has been held during the festival for the first time, which offered 1,280 promotional tours, in addition to more than other 70,000 tours with preferencial prices.
As many as 40 travel enterprises participated in the festival, showcasing their products and services at 150 pavilions. Approximately 12,700 visitors bought tours at the event, up 41% over the iteration of 2018.
The event also included a conference on Vietnam’s tourism human resources, a singing festival of workers in the tourism sector, and an introduction of start-ups applying technology in tourism, among other activities.
Earlier, Ho Chi Minh City has been named among best budget-friendly hotspots in the world, according to a list released by New Idea, a long-running Australian weekly magazine published by Pacific Magazines and aimed at women.
Holiday website Wotif recently examined the best upcoming summer deals at more than 300 destinations and found that Ho Chi Minh City was one of the top destinations to book airfares in advance. Not only that, once you’re there it’s super inexpensive.
“Think hearty pho soups for less than AU$5 (US$3.5), and bargains galore at the huge Ben Thanh Market. Visit the extraordinary War Remnants Museum and finish the day at a rooftop bar with a bottle of beer for just over AU$1 (US$0.7),” New Idea wrote.
In 2018, Ho Chi Minh City welcomed 36.5 million visitors, including 7.5 million foreigners, a year-on-year rise of 17.83%. The city aims to serve 8.5 foreign visitors in 2019, up 14% against the previous year.
- Ho Chi Minh City tourism festival to be held
- Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Festival to Soon Open
- Khanh Hoa has 6 kiosks at Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Festival
- Binh Thuan participating in Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Festival - 2012
- Ho Chi Minh City tourism festival to promote world heritages
- 2017 Ho Chi Minh city Tourism Festival opens
- Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Festival 2015 honors World Heritage in Viet Nam
- Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Festival opens
- Ho Chi Minh city tourism festival concludes