The State Bank of Viet Nam has resumed open market operations for the first time since Tet (Lunar New Year) to improve liquidity in the banking system. — VNA/VNS Photo The State Bank of Viet Nam has resumed open market operations for the first time since Tet (Lunar New Year) to improve liquidity in the banking system. A report from Saigon Securities Incorporation (SSI) showed it injected VND31.5 trillion (US$1.35 billion) into the market last week. SSI analysts attributed the decline in liquidity at some banks to the withdrawal of funds by the State Treasury to meet increasing public spending needs. They said, banks reserve requirements increased in the last week of the month as stipulated by the central bank. Due to the decline in liquidity, interest rates in the inter-bank market had soared by 0.58-0.67 percentage points to 4.3 per cent per year for overnight loans and 4.33 per cent for both one-week and two-week loans. This widened the Vietnamese dong-US dollar interest rate gap to 1.7-1.8 per cent for loans of one month and below. But SSI said the developments of the past week would be temporary and inter-bank rates would cool down soon. Some banks also increased… Read full this story
- Trading Forex - European Central Bank
- Wars vs Central Banking (Part Two)
- High Blood Pressure Headaches - What You Should Do to Ease the Pressure
- Help to Ease Blood Pressure Problems With Self Hypnosis
- No Credit Check Cash Loans - Ease Your Pressure
- Are the Government's Programs Helping Foreclosure Victims or the Banks?
- International Issues in Banking Supervision
- Liquidity Problems Remain
- The Newest Mortgage Bailout - $200 Billion for the Banks, $0 for the Homeowners
- The Banking Crisis - What Affect Will It Have On Mortgage Lending
Central bank resumes net injection to ease liquidity pressure have 300 words, post on bizhub.vn at April 6, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.