IT’S OFFICIAL: 2018 is the year of the highlighter.
Thanks to the likes of Kim Kardashian and her contouring clan, the humble highlighter has secured itself a must-have spot in every woman’s makeup bag.
Captioned hashtags #GlowyAF are ten a penny on our Instagram feeds, and so are the beaming cheekbones of influencers and celebrities alike.
But, you don’t have to have a personal glam team or the blessed bone structure of Bella Hadid to achieve a killer glow, that lit-from-within look comes from a bottle.
From multitasking palettes to liquid drops, pearly powders to swivel sticks, the new generation of highlighters are evolving to serve your every beauty need.
And you don’t have to spend a fortune either, some of the best products are less than a tenner.
Intrigued? We thought so. Keep on scrolling…
There really is no limit to the light-reflecting particles in this nifty highlighting wand, which create a pearlescent (not glittery!) glow that looks radiant in a totally natural way.
Set on a pillowy sponge so you can blend to a soft-focus finish, this glorious stuff has subtle rose gold and silver undertones, so it’s perfect for both daytime and evening use.
Oh, and a lot goes a long way – so one tube will last a while, even if you are heavy handed when it comes to highlighting.
- Hollywood Beauty Light Wand, £29 from Charlotte Tilbury – buy here
Ok, so we cheated and chose two star buys but this stuff is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.
The fluid, liquid formula is buildable and blendable – just use the dropper to control the strength (a little goes a long way).
Iridescent but not glittery, the gold tinted Champagne and bronze Bellini are bold but natural looking.
- L’oreal Paris Glow Mon Amour Highlighting drops, £9.99 from Boots – buy here
Best liquid highlighter
One of the OG highlighters, Moon Beam’s discontinuation is still lamented by beauty lovers years later.
High Beam is now reigning supreme; its liquid formula creates a beautifully dewy, natural-looking finish and the pink undertones look great on fairer skin.
We’re equally as obsessed with new versions Sun Beam (more bronze, good for dark skin) and Shy Beam (a subtle, matte finish).
- Sun beam, £21.50 from Look Fantastic – buy here
- High beam, £21.50 from Look Fantastic – buy here
- Shy Beam, £21.50 from Look Fantastic – buy here
Best stick highlighter
An oldie but a goodie, NARS’ The Multiple was one of the first iconic highlighters and hailed for its multitasking properties: you can use it on your collarbones, cheekbones, cupids bow, eyelids and more.
The pinky pearlescent Cocabana is an original but this product now comes in a plethora of playful shades so you can switch it up depending on the occasion.
Set on a convenient twist stick, the solid form means no spills or breakage, so it’s perfect for slipping into your handbag.
- NARS The Multiple, £29 from Look Fantastic – buy here
Best powder highlighter
Taking it back to the good old powder palette, Bobby Brown’s highlighter is infused with pearlescent particles that play with natural light, letting it bounce effortlessly off your skin.
The compact has a sizeable mirror so you can touch up (or check yourself out) on the go.
Choose from five beauty metallic shades and dust along your cheekbones using one of the brand’s feathery brushes.
- Bobbi Brown highlighting powder, £35.50 from Look Fantastic – buy here
Best highlighting primer
One of the original highlighting products, MAC’s strobe cream works wonders on dry and dull skin.
Use it as a primer, mix it with your foundation or dab onto high points to create a really natural, dewy glow.
Going makeup free? Use this all over skin to cheat a youthful, radiant complexion.
- MAC Strobe cream, £25 from Look Fantastic – buy here
Best bargain highlighter
Barry M’s highlighter isn’t called Liquid Chrome for nothing: one drop of this stuff packs a serious punch.
It comes in five metallic shades that work for every type of skin tone and has a loose, liquid texture so you turn the glow up or down depending on your look.
- Barry M Liquid Chrome highlighter drops, £6.99 from Boots – buy here
Best highlighter for daytime
Benefit’s new highlighter gives a soft-focus glow that’s perfect for everyday wear.
This creamy formula is set on set on an easy-to-use twistable stick and has an in-built sponge for flawless buffing.
We love how the subtle champagne shade works with every type of skin tone.
- Benefit Watt’s Up soft focus highlighter, £25.50 from Boots – buy here
Best multitasking highlighter
Excellent value for money, Sleek Makeup’s compact has a four-colour palette, mini brush and mirror.
The kit includes in-depth instructions on how to use each individual hue for contouring, but we’ve found that method a little too ‘extra’ for everyday use.
Instead, we suggest using the creams for daytime highlighting looks, the super sparkly white for evening looks and the powdered pigment to create smouldering bronze eyes.
- Sleek Make-up Precious Metals Highlighting Palette, £9.99 from Boots – buy here
more from beauty
Kim K’s hairstylist says £2.50 Primark spray is secret behind star’s shiny locks
FOREO is giving away LUNA 2 cleansing devices worth £99 for FREE
Savers has Love Hearts bubble bath for 99p and it’s perfect for ’90s kids
OUT OF THIS WORLD
Next £14 Aura perfume ‘smells just like Alien’ & costs a 5th of the price
There’s a bath bomb that removes fake tan so streaky legs are a thing of the past
BODY OF WORK
JLo’s bikini pic inspires hundreds of mums to show off their real bodies
Parents love Poundland’s rainbow bath fizzers that change colours in your bath
Boots sells one of this No 7 mascara every three seconds
This £6 Concealer will hide your tired eyes and help to clear your skin
Karshashian hairstylist launches bargain hair care range for Primark
We’ve also reviewed the best foundations for every skin type and budget.
Looking for fashion tips instead?
Find the perfect white T-shirt for your body shape in our Basics 101 guide.
- 5 Indian batsmen with best 50 to 100 conversion ratios in Tests
- NBA Best Players 2018: Ranking The East's Top Five Stars With Kawhi Leonard In, LeBron James Out
- England vs India 2018: England squad for Fourth Test announced
- First Ride: 2018 Volvo XC60 tackles Swedish test-and-torture track
- First Drive: 2018 Lexus LS
- Uruguay vs France: FIFA 2018 World Cup highlights, live scores, blog
- Pro Kabaddi League 2018: Who scored the most points in the Chennai Leg?
- 5 best bowling performances by Bangladesh bowlers in Test matches
- Hardik Pandya vs 7 legendary all-rounders after their first ten Tests
- The 2018 FIFA World Cup team of the tournament as picked by you
- Top 5 captains with highest winning percentage in Tests
- Strongest Test XI featuring 11 Captains
- Kylian Mbappe dines out with Chelsea Players after FIFA's The Best Awards
- MLB GM meetings 2018: Mike Trout rumors, 'Harper's Bazaar,' Yankees' pitching plans and more hot stove buzz
- Looking for an SUV with a Rs 30 lakh budget
- MLB hot stove: Finding the best fits for the Mariners' remaining trade chips
- Best TV gifts for the holidays
- Marlins trade reliever Kyle Barraclough to Nationals, adding to international spending budget
- 2018 BMW 530e xDrive Plug-In Hybrid
- First Drive: 2018 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD
Best highlighter 2018 – we put the best budget and luxury highlighters to the test have 1212 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 2, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.