German sportscar maker Porsche has revealed the production-spec 911 Speedster at the 2019 New York Auto Show. The new 911 Speedster is based on the 991.2 GT3 and will be limited to just 1,948 units worldwide with bookings set to start on May 7, 2019. Th 2019 911 Speedster is the 9th car from Porsche to bear the Speedster name.
The 911 Speedster was first unveiled as a concept at last year’s Paris Motor Show to commemorate the brand’s 70th anniversary. The new topless sports car pays homage to German marque’s first ever car, the 1948 356 Speedster, which was also the first Porsche to bear the Speedster name.
Underneath the skin, the new Porsche 911 Speedster is based on the hardcore previous-gen 911.2 GT3 sports car. The chassis of the new Speedster is directly taken from the track focused car as is the motorsports derived powerplant.
The 911 Speedster is powered by a 4.0-litre flat six engine as the GT3 but Porsche has enhanced the powerplant with individual throttle bodies that make the throttle response even sharper, just like in the 911 GT3 R race car. Due to the modifications the new engine now produces 502bhp and 469Nm of torque which is sent to the rear wheels by a 6-speed manual gearbox, something that should make every Porsche enthusiast very happy.
The six-speed gearbox is part of the diet that the 911 Speedster has been put on to keep the weight down. Fitting the Speedster with the manual gearbox saves around 18 kilogrammes. Other changes done to save weight include a manually operated tonneau cover that is held in place by Tenax buttons, instead of the electrically operated softtop roof.
Other dietary tricks include the use of carbon fibre for the front fender, rear decklid and boot. Porsche has even removed the air-conditioning system from the car but owners can opt to bring it back to ensure they keep themselves cool while driving abou in the sun.
All the weightsaving tricks mean that the Porsche 911 Speedster will sprint from 0–100km/h in just 3.8 seconds which is a tenth of a second faster than the 991.2 GT3 with the manual gearbox. The top speed of the 911 Speedster is an impressive 309km/h.
- New York Auto Show: From Cadillac to Lexus, it's going to be all about small SUVs
- New Kia Sedona Coming To New York Auto Show In April: Report
- Million Dollar Listing New York star Luis D. Ortiz shares photos of baby daughter Leela and labor room footage of ex giving birth
- New York Times added more than 1 million digital subscribers in 2019
- Witness Murdered After New York Law Revealed His Identity in MS-13 Trial
- Nike Pays Tribute to Kobe Bryant During New York Fashion Week Show
- Irina Shayk keeps her head down in New York City... after reuniting with ex Bradley Cooper during a BAFTA after party in London
- EXCLUSIVE: Lara Trump enjoys a stroll through New York with son as her father-in-law is acquitted in impeachment trial
- Janet Jackson touches down in New York ahead of her highly anticipated The Tonight Show appearance
- New York drinkers toast rise in booze-free craft cocktails
- Porsche 911 Shooting Brake Rendered As Ultimate Grocery Getter
- 2019 Kia K900 Makes A Handsome Debut In New York
- 2018 Volvo XC60 Is SUV Design Done Right In New York
- Lupita Nyong'o is pretty in patterned mini dress as she celebrates relaunch of the Delta Skymiles American Express card in New York
- Anxiety grips New York City amid concerns of rising crime
- Kim Kardashian’s Been Wearing a New KKW Beauty Product for Months Without Any of Us Knowing
- Disney Plus unveils first look at new Lizzie McGuire series starring Hilary Duff as she navigates life in New York
- Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach holds hands while looking stylish in complementary suits at the 2020 Writers Guild Awards in New York City
- 2020 Porsche 911 Slated To Debut In November At LA Auto Show
- Porsche 911 GT3 Touring Package Spied Showing New Details
2019 New York Auto Show: Production-Spec Porsche 911 Speedster Revealed have 807 words, post on www.drivespark.com at April 17, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.