Spain’s Roberto Bautista Agut rallied to shock world number one Novak Djokovic 1-6, 7-5, 6-3 on Tuesday to reach the quarter-finals of the ATP and WTA Miami Open. Bautista Agut, ranked 25th in the world, booked a meeting with defending champion John Isner, who beat Britain’s Kyle Edmund 7-6 (7/5), 7-6 (7/3). The defeat derailed Djokovic’s bid for a record seventh Miami Open ATP title. The Serbian star, who earned his 15th Grand Slam title at the Australian Open in January, returned form a short rain delay in the second set to hold for 5-5 and had a break point in the next game. But Bautista Agut held firm, eking out the set and wrapping up the victory in two hours and 29 minutes. He notched his second three-set win over Djokovic this season after a victory over the Serbian on the way to the title in Doha. The defeat capped a disappointing March on US hardcourts for Djokovic, who was bundled out of the third round at Indian Wells.
- What is Andy Murray’s hip problem, and will he retire after Australian Open loss to Bautista Agut?
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic to face Roger Federer in final
- Djokovic outlasts Federer to win epic fifth Wimbledon title
- Wimbledon order of play for Monday, July 8: Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Gauff, and Serena Williams on court on Manic Monday
- Wimbledon 2019 order of play day nine: match timetable, weather forecast and TV schedule for Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal
- 'Meet my fiancé and future wife!': Tennis star Novak Djokovic announces engagement to longtime love via Twitter
- MIAMI Realtors CEO Teresa King Kinney Awarded Highest Honor by the National Association of Realtors
- Miami's Little Havana Celebrates Fidel Castro's Death
- More than 1,300 dancing drones light up sky to break world record in stunning aerobatic display
- Stunning 'cabin porn' offers a glorious escape from the rat race
World No. 1 Djokovic stunned by Bautista Agut in Miami have 324 words, post on en.rfi.fr at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.