The Hanoitimes – Hai Phuong or Furie is one of the rare, authentic cinematic examples where execution trumps originality. Vietnamese actress to be star in US’s movie Star Wars Vietnamese actress climbs to International Movie Database top 50 popular celebs “Hai Phuong” or “Furie” has become the first Vietnamese film to be released in the US, receiving significant compliments from movie-goers and critics. Poster of Hai Phuong – Furie. Photo: Young Folks “Furie” debuted in Vietnam on February 22, 2019 and brought about VND135 billion (US$5.87 million) after two weeks. The box office is estimated to exceed VND150 billion (US$6.72 million) in the domestic market and makes the movie among the top three all-time box office successes in Vietnam. “Furie” has caught public attention amid the domination of romantic and comedy genres (rom-com) in Vietnamese theaters for years. Screening schedule in the US. Photo: Wells Go USA “Furie” is set for a limited US release by Wells Go USA Entertainment in 14 theaters across the US on March 1 and March 8, 2019 and in three big cities of Canada namely Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver from March 8 to March 15, 2019. The box office revenue for… Read full this story
- Regal Cinemas Issues a Warning to Any Movie Studio Considering a Pivot to VOD
- AMC Bans Universal Movies From Theaters Over VOD Policy
- Universal Responds to AMC's Movie Theater Ban: We Made the Right Move
- AMC bans Universal films from its theaters over 'Trolls World Tour' spat
- Spike Lee Really Doesn't Think Movie Theaters Should Be Reopening Just Yet
- 'Trolls' went straight to homes. Movie theaters are fuming.
- Georgia Movie Theaters Reopening Rules Announced
- ‘Trolls’ went straight to homes. Movie theaters are fuming.
- AMC Theatres Won't Reopen Until Big Movies Like Tenet and Mulan Are Released
- Comprehensive strategy for Vietnam’s movies to go global: it’s now or never
Why is a Vietnamese movie accepted in US, Canadian theaters? have 314 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at March 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.