HOWARD Donald rose to fame as a member of boyband Take That – and almost 30 years on he’s still going strong.
Here’s everything you need to know about the star and his life since making his way into the limelight.
What role does Howard play in Take That?
The blue-eyed, six-foot-tall hunk, 50, has remained with Take That since their original formation in 1990.
At that point, Howard and Jason sang significantly less than the other three, though Mr Donald did lend his vocals to their massive hit Never Forget, one of twelve TT tracks he leads on.
When Robbie left in 1995, the band found themselves in a quandary and split months later.
A depressed Howard then recorded a single which has never been released, and returned to DJing when his solo career failed to launch.
The 48-year-old later confessed to bandmates that the split in 1996 made him feel suicidal and he was considering jumping to his death in the River Thames.
Howard’s estimated net worth is £20million.
Who is Howard married to and how many children does he have?
Since January 2015, Howard has been married to illustrator Katie Halil, who he claims is perfect for him because she also loves her job.
The pair met on the set of the Christmas Marks & Spencer advert in 2008, and began dating two years later.
They now have two sons, Bowie, who was born in January 2016, and Dougie Bear, who was born in February 2017.
The dad also has two daughters from two separate previous relationships, Grace, born in June 1998, and Lola, born in February 2005.
Howard has four children.
Who is Katie Halil?
With her illustration-based brand What Katie Drew, Howard’s wife sells prints, T-shirts and home decor.
She made videos for Gary Barlow’s solo tour in 2014 and ads for Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Media and Coca-Cola.
Katie is a self-confessed yoga fan, adores her pet cats and describes the design of her Kensington home as looking though “a rainbow has puked up” in it.
When did Howard rejoin Take That?
Take That reformed as a foursome without Robbie in 2005, for a tour, following a Greatest Hits album release.
To the delight of fans they made a new album the next year, with smash hits Shine and Patience featuring on it.
Howard had an even bigger share of the limelight after Jason Orange left in September 2014, forcing the band to morph into a trio.
But fans were a little dismayed that Howard only sings lead vocals on one track — Every Revolution — from their album Wonderland, which was released in March 2017.
What else does Howard Donald do?
Howard was a judge on German dancing show Got To Dance in 2013.
In 2007 his lung collapsed during a gymnastic dance routine on the Take That tour and he had to be rushed to hospital where he remained for a few days before returning.
He’s spoken out for the legalisation of cannabis and says he’s also “dabbled” with ecstasy tablets.
Other controversies surrounding Howard are the super-injunction he took out over claims made by his former lover Adakini Ntuli, and the fact that he’s placed £26million in music industry investment schemes, which some claim serve as tax shelters.
What’s his relationship with Gary Barlow like?
Howard likes Take That band mate Gary enough to be around him and perform with him a whole lot.
But in March 2017 the band’s harmony was called into question when Howard posted a tweet, suggesting he was upset that Gary gets so much credit for Take That endeavours.
“Just to clarify, [The Band is] Take That’s new musical and not just Gary Barlow’s!!!” he blasted.
A few weeks later he posted a rather crude, but hilarious, tweet theorising as to why Gary walked off the set of The One Show during a Take That interview.
Who is he in a celebrity feud with?
The dad-of-four revealed in April 2017 that he has a long-running issue with none other than Bob the Builder.
Ripping into the fictional character on Twitter in the early hours of the morning, the exhausted dad seemed fed up with the ever-cheerful builder.
LATEST TAKE THAT NEWS
A TO Z OF GLASTO
Tales of the world’s greatest festival Glastonbury, from Adele to Jay-Z
PATCH FOR GOOD
Howard Donald forced to wear Madge-style patch after fan pokes him in eye
RELIGHT MY SQUIRE
Inside Take That star Mark Owen’s country pad with wet room and fancy art
Inside Take That singer Howard Donald’s family home with kids’ playroom
Take That on feeling their age but still being on top after 30 years
BIKE FOR GOOD
Take That rule the world as they hit the stage for 30th anniversary tour
Writing to his 177,000 followers, Howard ranted: “Bob the builder is such a perfect annoying b*****d!! We had kids that were good at everything at my school… really annoying!”
Posted at 6.55am, perhaps the Take That singer felt this was just one too many early mornings with the cheerful construction worker.
Although the official Bob the Builder account is yet to respond, many of Howard’s devoted fans have got in touch with the 48-year-old singer to express similar annoyance.
- A TV presenter, high-school sweetheart, model and teacher: Meet the glamorous WAGS joining the nation's football stars at tonight's Dally M Awards
- Justin Trudeau’s G7 address to Donald Trump, uncensored
- Donald Trump has brought America to an existential crisis
- Does Trudeau have the nerve to defy Trump on NAFTA?
- Lessons for Doug Ford’s Ontario from Donald Trump’s America
- Porn star Stormy Daniels says she was threatened to keep silence on Trump
- Toxic Trump a long-term threat to the presidency
- RBC does first pot deal after Tragically Hip brings it together
- Doug Ford is brash, but he’s no Donald Trump
- Donald Trump should sue Doug Ford for royalties
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: 12 things to know
- Lucky star! Experts reveal Capricorns are the richest signs of the zodiac according to Forbes Celebrity 100 (but it's bad news for Scorpios)
- Meet the dry cleaner to the stars who salvaged Margaret Thatcher’s iconic blue suit, Prince Charles’ wax coats and a fly-stained Royal wedding dress
- Is this proof Brian Jones was murdered? Fifty years after the Rolling Stones star was found dead in his swimming pool, a new TV documentary re-examines evidence in the controversial case
- Bryce Dallas Howard looks stunning in silky blue gown as she attends New York City premiere of Rocketman
- Critics say ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ is a non-stop adventure that’s funny, emotional, and much better than expected
- Solo: A Star Wars Story doesn’t dazzle, but it satisfies
- Did Neil Young and Daryl Hannah get married? Their friends say yes
- Try Star's Thom Evans, Ben Foden and Levi Davis leave recording studio after a long day of rehearsals for X Factor: Celebrity ahead of second live show
- How Howard University shaped U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris’ identity
Who is Howard Donald married to, how many children does the Take That star have and how long has he been in the band? have 1217 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 29, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.