Trump also threatened to shutter the U.S.-Mexico border. A surge of asylum seekers from the three countries have sought to enter the United States across the southern border in recent days. On Friday, Trump accused the nations of having “set up” migrant caravans and sent them north. Trump said there was a “very good likelihood” he would close the border this week if Mexico did not stop immigrants from reaching the United States. Frequent crossers of the border, including workers and students, worried about the disruption to their lives the president’s threatened shutdown could cause. At a rally on the border in El Paso, Texas, Democratic presidential hopeful Beto O’Rourke denounced Trump’s immigration policies as the politics of “fear and division.” A State Department spokesman said in a statement it was carrying out Trump’s directive by ending aid programs to the three Central American nations, known as the Northern Triangle. The department said it would “engage Congress in the process,” an apparent acknowledgement that it will need lawmakers’ approval to end funding that a Congressional aide estimated would total about $700 million. New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, called Trump’s order a… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Cut the Line to Vote
- Trump Ousts Aide Over Disappointing Phoenix Rally Crowd Size
- Trump Cuts Off Interview After Being Pressed About Bogus Wiretapping Claims
- Donald Trump Cuts the Crap, Endorses Alleged Child Molester [Updated]
- 'New York Hates You': Charlottesville Solidarity Protesters Gather at Trump Tower and Across the Country
- FEMA Will Cut Aid to Puerto Rico on Wednesday [Update: FEMA Reverses Course]
- Romney: Free enterprise trumps foreign aid
- How an Indian firm predicted a Trump victory when every American pollster got it wrong
- 'Morning Joe' scolds World Series fans for chanting 'lock him up' at Trump: 'It's un-American'
- DDoS attacks are powerful enough to cut off an entire country from the internet
Trump cuts aid to Central American countries as migrant crisis deepens have 339 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 30, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.