ONE-TIME Saturday night king Michael Barrymore is about to make a return to prime-time telly – but he won’t be the one presenting.
The Strike It Lucky host will be a guest on ITV series Piers Morgan’s Life Stories when it returns this summer.
Good Morning Britain’s Piers is expected to grill who now uses his real name Michael Parker, on the highs and lows of his 30-year career.
A telly source said: “Michael is a huge name for the show and bosses hope that viewers will flock to see him.
“He’s had a very interesting life and, despite being away from the spotlight, there is a huge amount to talk about. Piers won’t be giving him an easy ride.”
Michael — loved by millions for his Awight! catchphrase and hit shows in the 80s and 90s — was arrested in 2001 after Stuart Lubbock was found dead in a swimming pool at the star’s Essex home.
Michael was released without charge but he blamed the incident for destroying his A-list career.
In 2017, he sued police for wrongful arrest but was only awarded nominal damages.
Over the past few years Michael has appeared on low-rent reality shows including Celebrity Big Brother, Come Dine With Me and Coach Trip.
This is one decent show I’ll be tuning in for, though.
READ ON FOR THE REST OF
BIZARRE TV COLUMN
MIDSOMER Murders’ Neil Dudgeon said the secret to staying nimble is doing the downward dog.
Neil, 58, said: “I stopped smoking, started doing yoga and I loved it. I felt easier on set, calmer and more focused.”
Stephen in penny change
THERE may be no Saturday Night Takeaway this year – but fans will still get a taste of the hit show in upcoming months.
Stephen Mulhern will soon launch his brand new series In For A Penny, which featured on the programme and was masterminded by Ant and Dec.
The presenter has finished filming the ITV spin-off which sees members of the public challenged to turn their pennies into pounds. Games include Pump It Up, where Stephen offers to pay for petrol if drivers can deliver the exact amount they have predetermined in two goes.
In Check It Out, shoppers must guess whether goods on a conveyor belt are more or less expensive than the previous item. If they win, all their shopping will be paid for. Stephen said: “I don’t think I have ever laughed so much filming a series.”
Ant and Dec, co-creators of the format, added: “Stephen is the perfect host.” I’m sure they’ll make a cameo at some point.
Lights, Camila, Action!
CAMILLA Thurlow looks reel good as she attends the Into Film Awards.
The Love Island star dazzled at the event in London and was joined by boyfriend Jamie Lewitt, who she met on the ITV2 show in 2017.
Other than Jess Shears and Dom Lever – who tied the knot in Mykonos, Greece, last year – they are the only couple from that series to stay together.
ITV has confirmed Loose Women will hit the road in May . . . three months after I revealed it.
Andrea McLean, Coleen Nolan, Nadia Sawalha and Saira Khan will be at Birmingham’s NEC Arena on May 17.
Film waiting to happen
DERRY Girls creator Lisa McGee could capitalise on the Channel 4 sitcom’s success by taking it to the big screen.
She says the show about a group of school friends growing up in Northern Ireland during the Troubles is a film waiting to happen.
Lisa said: “I’m sure if I could find the structure and a story that would work I’d give it a crack.”
The second series starts tonight at 9.15pm.
WHAT? Great Celebrity Bake Off For Stand Up To Cancer, 8pm, C4.
WHY? Actor John Lithgow and comedian Jon Richardson are among the stars entering the baking tent for this good cause.
TV ICON DEAD
Beverly Hills 90210 star Luke Perry dies aged 52 after massive stroke
Prodigy legend Keith Flint ‘took his own life’ at his Essex home, aged 49
‘I’ll kill myself’
Prodigy’s Keith Flint said he’d take own life in haunting 2015 interview
Out-of-control Katie Price has ‘no way back’ as she finally hits rock bottom
‘sort yourself out’
Piers Morgan tells Katie Price to ‘grow up’ and sort her ‘chaotic life’
Katie Price threatens to take kids out of school as cops called to F-word row
AARON lies to Robert and meets surrogate Lucie in Emmerdale . He warms to her immediately and is keen to secure her services.
Meanwhile, Leyla is delighted to be back working for Take A Vow, while Graham is crushed when Megan throws his peace offering back in his face.
Over on EastEnders, Keegan’s collapse causes shockwaves as Karen demands answers and Bernadette questions Tiffany.
Feeling bad that Karen is blaming herself, Mitch admits that he has caught Keegan with drugs before. Later, Bailey drops the bombshell that Keegan got the drugs from Tiffany and it’s not long before the police get involved.
FORMER Neon Jungle singer Jessica Kate Plummer, who had two top ten hits with the girlband in 2014, has landed a role on EastEnders playing Chantelle Baker.
A telly source said: “Show chiefs have high hopes of some meaty storylines.”
- Emotional Michael Barrymore can't understand why he's 'kicked in teeth' over Stuart Lubbock's death
- Where is Michael Barrymore now? Net worth, wife, age and why he quit Dancing On Ice
- ITV defends Piers Morgan and claims he ‘wasn’t mocking Chinese people’ after 1,500 people complained to Ofcom
- Kerry Katona leaves Piers Morgan gobsmacked by turning up to Good Morning Britain in a bikini – and revealing she’s no longer taking her bipolar medication
- Piers Morgan jokes he ‘needs to work on clairvoyant skills’ after posing with disgraced Harvey Weinstein and others
- Piers Morgan brands GMB co-host Susanna Reid 'hot' as she reveals she's lost A STONE after ditching alcohol for a month
- Piers Morgan shares rare picture of his daughter Elise as they enjoy holiday in LA
- Piers Morgan and Jason Manford help Stephen's Story campaign reach their £1million goal for the Teenage Cancer Trust
- Piers Morgan sacked from Daily Mirror
- Michael Barrymore says he is suffering 'pain and agony' through '20 years of hell' after Stuart Lubbock pool death but insists his 'door is always open' to victim's family as he demands new force takes over investigation
- Piers Morgan shares puzzling last message from Caroline Flack - and his 'horribly ironic' reply
- Piers Morgan reveals private message Caroline Flack sent him last year saying she was 'struggling with' Jameela Jamil over 'the hate she aims at me' - amid row over online trolling
- GMB viewers accuse Piers Morgan of being too hard on Meghan Markle as he criticises her for travelling without Archie
- Piers Morgan looks unrecognisable as he cradles son in a throwback snap
- Piers Morgan slams gold medal-winning transgender weightlifter for destroying women’s rights to a fair competition
- 10 Years of ‘Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya’: Breaking down the greatness of ‘Aaromale’ in words
- 'I just want the truth': Man 'wrongfully convicted' for killing his high school girlfriend 10 YEARS after she was found dead calls for justice in first interview since being freed following nine years behind bars
- Michael Barrymore tells of his ‘pain and agony’ in first TV interview since cops re-opened Stuart Lubbock murder probe
- Jameela Jamil and Piers Morgan in vicious feud over Caroline Flack
- TREASURIES-Yields pare declines after coronavirus worry sends 10-year below 1.25%
Michael Barrymore signs up for Piers Morgan’s Life Stories after 10 years away from prime-time TV have 1293 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 4, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.