With big man Chuma Okeke sidelined, Auburn upset the Wildcats in the Elite Eight
- by CBS Sports Staff
- Mar 31, 2019 at 5:01 pm ET • 1 min read
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Another game, another thrilling finish in the Elite Eight.
After two Saturday night gems that saw Virginia and Texas Tech advance to the Final Four in close shaves, Sunday afternoon picked up right where the late night festivities ended on Sunday. No. 5 seed Auburn became the third program to punch its ticket to the 2019 Final Four, joining UVA and Texas Tech, after defeating No. 2 seed Kentucky 77-71 in a thrilling overtime win.
It is the first ever Final Four appearance for Auburn, a program that’s busting down doors under charismatic coach Bruce Pearl, and for Pearl himself. Pearl, in his fifth season at the helm of the Tigers program, will be the third and final first-time coach to be among college basketball’s final grouping this season along with Virginia coach Tony Bennett and Texas Tech coach Chris Beard. Duke and Michigan State play Sunday, and coaches from both programs have both made appearances in the Final Four.
CBS Sports was with you for complete coverage of Sunday’s game from Kansas City, Missouri, with our live blog below. If you are having trouble viewing the blog, please click here.
Auburn vs. Kentucky live updates
Thanks for stopping by.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories – yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Follow along with coverage of the Spartans and Blue Devils in the Elite Eight on Sunday
Okeke jetted to the arena Sunday in the second half to catch the finish and support his te…
SportsLine’s advanced computer model simulated Duke vs. Michigan State 10,000 times
The No. 1 seed Blue Devils face the No. 2 seed Spartans in the East Regional final
SportsLine’s advanced computer model simulated Kentucky vs. Auburn 10,000 times
After knocking off Kansas and UNC in the NCAA Tournament, the Tigers get a shot at Kentucky…
- Auburn coach Bryan Harsin searching for 'clear cut starter' at QB position
- The 70 best true crime series to watch on Netflix right now
- College basketball odds: Breaking down the contenders to win the 2022 NCAA Tournament by tiers
- College basketball rankings: Memphis surges into Top 25 And 1 after landing Jalen Duren commitment
- Picking the best college football team in each state entering the 2021 season
- Preview | Nationally-ranked Ole Miss set to open soccer season at rival Memphis
- The 85 best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- 80 best documentaries on Netflix to watch right now
- The best movies of 2021 so far on HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV Plus, Disney Plus and Amazon
- Shelby-Utica Sports
- Report: Former LSU OL coach James Cregg sues university for breach of contract
- Dak Prescott’s heal turn
- Five things we've learned: Notre Dame 13, Michigan 6 - Inside the Irish | NBC Sports
- More Women Muscle In on the World of Vintage Cars
- All 13 "Orange Is the New Black" Episodes, Reviewed
- Biden Administration Prompts Largest Permanent Increase in Food Stamps
- The Best Family Movies on Netflix Right Now (August 2021) | Digital Trends
Kentucky vs. Auburn score: Tigers shock Wildcats in OT to earn first trip to Final Four in school history have 625 words, post on www.cbssports.com at March 31, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.