Visitors at the cherry blossom festival (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The Japanese cherry blossom festival in Hanoi will last for one more day, until 10pm of April 1 instead of March 31, said the organisers. The decision was made based on the quality of the flowers on display as well as increasing demand for cherry blossom viewing of local people and tourists. According to the organisers, since its beginning on March 29, the festival has attracted an estimated nearly 1 million visitors. Held for the fourth consecutive year, the festival is co-organised by the Hanoi People’s Committee and the Japanese Embassy in Vietnam, featuring some 20,000 cherry blossom branches and 100 cherry trees of Japan, along with hundreds of local flowers. During the festival, visitors have the change to enjoy Yosakoi (a unique style of street dance performed by large teams), Japanese cuisine, Shogi (Japanese chess), and Kendama (literally “sword and ball”, a traditional cup-and-ball toy). Vietnamese arts also formed part of the festival, including ca tru (ceremonial singing) and hat xam (busking music often performed by blind artists). Within the festival, a cherry tree planting ceremony was held at Hoa Binh Park in Hanoi’s Tu Liem district,… Read full this story
- Cherry Blossoms -- Hanami
- Bavaria sells 'Krabat,' 'Cherry Blossoms'
- The 24th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival: 4 Days, 3 Greats, 2 Duds
- Zurich Film Festival launches day-long industry symposium
- Devendra Banhart Kicks Off Reading Festival Final Day
- Sarajevo Film Festival industry days preview
- Reading Festival Second Day Heats Up
- Digital cherry tree blooms in Tokyo
- Disgraced former Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn will remain in Japanese custody past New Year's Day
- 21 Films I’m Anticipating at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival
Japanese cherry blossom festival extended for one day have 288 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 31, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.