Dr. Edith Bracho-Sanchez is a practicing pediatrician and a Stanford and CNN Global Health and Media Fellow.
(CNN) She walked into the emergency room with an infant in her arms. “My baby, please help my baby,” she said between sobs. I followed her into the room and asked what her baby’s name was and whether I could hold her.
Tetanus led to 8 weeks in the hospital, $800,000 in hospital charges
Whooping cough that broke blood vessels in her eyes
Mumps arrives on campus
Thousands of flu deaths every year
Chickenpox: The blistery and itchy illness that hasn’t gone away
Sign up here to get The Results Are In with Dr. Sanjay Gupta every Tuesday from the CNN Health team.
- U.N. agencies: 117 million children may miss measles shots due to COVID-19
- Threat of deadly measles outbreak amid coronavirus pandemic, experts warn
- Vaccine rates drop as parents skip checkups
- COVID-19: Millions of children at risk, coronavirus fears halt vaccines
- Pediatricians Want Parents to Keep Children's Vaccination Appointments amid Coronavirus
- Could the MMR vaccine help protect against coronavirus complications? Cambridge University scientists say the jab could help because the infections 'share similar proteins'
- The DRC's health system is on 'life support' as it fights several killer diseases, including coronavirus
- He signed up for a coronavirus vaccine trial using a method that's never been used in humans. Here's why.
- What to Expect From the Race to Develop Coronavirus Vaccines
- Coronavirus pandemic is so terrifying even die-hard anti-vaxxer mums are desperate for a vaccine
- British parents are among the most vehement anti-vaxxers in Europe — with one in 30 claiming they are 'opposed to absolutely all vaccines'
- We Might Never Get a Good Coronavirus Vaccine
- Crackdown on vaccine exemptions moves toward passage in California
- Nearly one-third of Americans believe a COVID-19 vaccine ALREADY exists and is being withheld from the public while 32 per cent think there IS a cure
- The hunt for a coronavirus vaccine – a perilous and uncertain path
- No vaccine for coronavirus a possibility
- University researchers working toward COVID-19 vaccine
- Delays in vaccinations, delays in care: How fear of Covid-19 is affecting children's health
- Coronavirus vaccine trial in humans gets underway in UK and 'could be ready by end of the year' – despite WHO and Oxford specialists warning there's no guarantee we will ever get one
- Vietnam to study effectiveness of tuberculosis vaccine in fighting COVID-19
It's not just measles: Tetanus, mumps and other vaccine-preventable diseases are still in the US have 1805 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.