PUBLISHED: 15:44 08 March 2019
Pinar’s flat was ruined after a pipe burst.
Islington Council has apologised to a single mother-of-four who was has spent three months in a temporary property after her Archway home was flooded.
Pinar Eker has been living in Edmonton since November 26 – and is forced to travel more than six miles every morning to take her children to Poole Park Primary School in Finsbury Park.
Her home in Pauntley House was devastated when a pipe burst in the upstairs flat, causing water to gush into hers for some 12 hours. She was told she would be able to return home within two weeks.
“They’ve still not sorted out my flat. Last week I went to check my post and the surveyors came that day and said they were waiting to see if it’s dry enough. They are now saying it will be another three weeks. They’ve just ripped the carpet out basically.”
Pinar was away when her home flooded, and a neighbour called the fire brigade.
She continued: “It was covered in water and everything was ruined. It was gushing out like someone had a hose pipe. It was coming down from the flat above because the water tank was overflowing and it burst the pipe.
“The house I am in now is 6.3 miles from their school and they are late every day.”
To make matters worse, Pinar was not impressed by the standard of the home she was moved to.
“I can’t describe how bad it is,” she added. “On the first day I got the keys I went to see the property and there were rat droppings and the kitchen was falling apart.”
A town hall spokesperson said: “We’re sorry for the time it has taken for this work to be carried out, and for the inconvenience caused to Ms Eker and her family.
“Work has now begun and should be completed within three weeks. We will keep Ms Eker updated and see if we can offer any further help and support in the meantime.”
- LA residents are ordered to stay in their homes: Mayor Garcetti tells 4million citizens to remain indoors, restricts travel, closes non-essential businesses and says it's 'time to cancel everything' as hospitalizations and cases surge
- Single mum on housing list for 12 years says stress of moving caused miscarriage
- Rats and flies plague new mum's home after 'nightmare neighbour dumps rubbish'
- Hidden horror of Britain’s ‘lost’ children vanishing from our schools then being groomed by drug gangs & sex beasts
- Single mum with three jobs defends decision to take two sons out of school for SIX WEEKS - to enjoy bargain holiday to Malta during Covid crisis
- Two schoolgirls share frustrating reality of life in high-rise flats in lockdown
- Kate's Christmas cheer! Duchess of Cambridge brings a smile to children's faces as she and Prince William arrange for schoolchildren to meet reindeer and enjoy saxophone performance on royal train tour
- Homeless mum and 5 kids living in cramped hotel room eating microwave meals
- PM announces second lockdown to avoid 'medical and moral disaster': Non-essential shops will shut and travel is banned under restrictions that start on THURSDAY and run for a month with furlough scheme EXTENDED - but schools can still open
- We wish we could CANCEL Christmas after Covid left us penniless with £12.12 in bank & unable to afford school jumper
- How Netflix’s Daisy Coleman & her mum helped each other through family tragedies & sick trolling before their suicides
- Hungary PM Viktor Orban condemns MEP's 'unacceptable and indefensible deeds' after he was caught breaking lockdown rules at male orgy, as picture of sex party flat is revealed
- Mum faked having cancer and made up after-death plans for kids in bid to raise £20k
- 'Britain joined vaccine marathon in the LAST mile': Dr Fauci accuses UK of rushing through Pfizer vaccine approval after gloating English lawmaker said Britain got there first because it's a 'much better country'
- The 2016 flood destroyed this Denham Springs housing development. It's still struggling to rebuild
- Off-grid couple say they’ll take their TWINS on survival trips at 20 months and let their son ‘go feral’ when he’s home
- Katie Price’s new mansion is overrun by hundreds of RATS – leaving star terrified
- Human Condition: Dec. 7 changed everything — even the lives of children
- At least it's finally getting used: 200 angry cyclists descend on Kensington's usually-deserted £700k Covid cycle lane to protest council's decision to scrap it after it caused roads chaos
- Swedish man, 41, thought to have been held captive by his mother for 28 years tells police he was free to come and go as he pleased as charges against his mum are dropped
Islington Council apologises to mum-of-four after flooded flat leaves her in temporary home miles from children’s school have 769 words, post on www.islingtongazette.co.uk at March 8, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.