The incident took place at around 6:30 a.m. local time on Friday. Indian troops successfully repelled the drone, which returned to Pakistani airspace, an official told Sputnik. READ MORE: Indian Soldier Killed by Fire From Pakistani-Controlled Kashmir — Reports © AP Photo / Anjum NaveedChina Vows to Support Pakistan Amid Simmering Tension on Indian SubcontinentThe Indian Army and Indian Air Force and the paramilitaries have remained at high alert after Indian intelligence warned about a possible deployment of armed drones along the Indian border earlier this week. The report said that armed surveillance drones have been deployed to dozens of locations including Uri, Poonch, Rajouri and Sunderbani. Over the last weeks, six Pakistani drones have entered the area. Earlier, the Indian Army shot down two Pakistani UAVs in the Sri Ganganagar area after they reportedly violated Indian airspace. On 4 March, a Pakistani drone which tried to infiltrate in the Bikaner sector of Rajasthan was shot down by an air-to-air missile fired from an Indian Su-30 fighter jet. On 27 February, the Indian Army shot down a Pakistani drone along the India-Pakistan border in Kutch in the state of Gujarat, which shares a border with Pakistan.
- Indian army targets rebel funeral; 1 killed, 2 injured
- Indian army chief tours border state with China amid tensions
- U.S. Army halts use of Chinese-made drones over cyber concerns
- Lebanese army captures strategic ISIS positions on Syrian border
- Venezuelan President dodges assassination attempt by drone
- Man reported dead in attempted robbery, shooting in southeast Houston
- Fresh gunfire heard at Indian air base near Pakistan border after four gunmen, two troops killed
- China promotes army general who fought Vietnam in 1979 border war
- Syrian army, allies in southeast Syria reach Iraqi border: pro-Assad commander
- Wife, mother of jailed Indian spy arrive in Pakistan
Indian Army Reportedly Foils Pakistan’s Attempt to Send Drone to Border Area have 302 words, post on sputniknews.com at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.