© AFP 2019 / Aris MessinisRescued Migrants Hijack Ship Off Libya’s Coast, Sailing to Malta – ReportsAccording to the release, the new corps will be tasked with carrying out border control upon a request from EU member states and with fighting cross-border crime. It will also include a rapid reaction unit for urgent tasks. The corps will be launched in 2021 and will have 5,000 operational staff, while it is set to become fully operational by 2027, and the staff number is expected to double by then. READ MORE: EU to Boost Border Security With AI Lie Detectors That Can Spot Illegal Migrants © AP Photo / Geert Vanden WijngaertEC President Juncker Slams EU Members for ‘Blatant Hypocrisy’ on Border ControlThe proposed reforms will enable Frontex, established in 2004, to support return procedures by identifying non-EU nationals illegally staying in EU states. Frontex will also strengthen its cooperation with the EU Asylum Agency and with non-EU countries. Frontex is expected to have closer ties with the European Parliament and parliaments of EU member states. The text of the proposal now has to be formally approved by the European Parliament’s Civil Liberties Committee, the European Parliament as a whole and the Council.
- Border Patrol Agent Thanks Defense Department For Boosting Border Security
- Winners and losers in the border security deal
- Immigration system at "breaking point," senior border security official says in El Paso
- Let Democrats talk long enough, and they'll admit they oppose border security
- Berlin Wall-style guard dogs among border security companies' pitches to feds
- Border security talks have not progressed through weekend, growing concern deal won't come together
- House Democrats to propose $1 billion for border security without money for wall
- Democrats reiterate demand: Reopen the government before negotiations on border security
- 5 things to know for February 11: Border security, ISIS, Denver strike, snow, Grammys
- Dem pollster says voters have 'consistently' supported border security funding
EU to Boost Border Security by Adding 10,000 Personnel Amid Migrant Crisis have 318 words, post on sputniknews.com at March 28, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.