Phu Lien meteorological station was first built in 1902 on Dau Son mountain, located in KIen An district of Hai Phong city. The site is located at an altitude of 116 metres above sea level. It was built with a French architectural design The meteorological station is regularly considered to be among the top 100 famous buildings that are over 100-years old in Vietnam. Aside from its renowned architecture, the building has proved crucial for scientific research and meteorological forecasting in the Indochina region. The French architecture style seen within the Phu Lien meteorological station Nowadays the meteorological station is a popular tourist attraction A modern meteorological station built by Japan sits beside Phu Lien meteorological station The gates leading towards Phu Lien meteorological station The site combines both French and Vietnamese traditional architecture. The family of Professor Nguyen Xien, the first Vietnamese meteorologist, at a ceremony held in Phu Lien meteorological station to celebrate more than 100 years as an active observation station for the World Meteorological Organisation
Phu Lien meteorological station was first built in 1902 on Dau Son mountain, located in KIen An district of Hai Phong city.
The site combines both French and Vietnamese traditional architecture.
- This 100-year-old World War II veteran is meeting with governors from every state
- Tudor ruse: The stunningly authentic ‘Elizabethan’ pile that’s just 100 years old goes on the market for £1.35m
- Couple's 100-year-old Yosemite photos show park's timeless beauty
- Prince George’s County Police Safely Locate Missing 100-Year-Old Woman
- Couple 'weds' in hospital so groom's 100-year-old grandma won't miss ceremony
- Beachgoer Discovers 10,000-Year-Old Spearhead That May Hold Clues to Prehistoric Life in NJ
- Teenage Essex lorry tragedy victim's devastated family surround the 19-year-old's coffin at her funeral as more bodies arrive back in Vietnam to be reunited with grieving relatives
- 5-year-old boy suffers severe injuries after truck accident
- Researcher stumbles upon mysterious 5,000-year-old paintings depicting arrows and human-like figures in Spanish caves while hunting for an ancient tomb
- Human remains found in wooded area in Alabama are identified as missing five-year-old Taylor Williams as cops say her Navy Petty Officer mother who 'attempted suicide' after being charged with child neglect is still not cooperating