Brandon Miller is CNN International’s supervising meteorologist who has been tracking and reporting on extreme weather around the globe since 2004.
(CNN)Tropical Cyclone Idai ripped through Mozambique as a high-end Category 2 storm with 175 kph (110 mph) winds last week before moving inland into Zimbabwe and Malawi, affecting 1.5 million people in its wake.
How does Cyclone Idai compare to recent super storms?
You just compared a tropical cyclone to a hurricane. Is there any difference between the two?
How common are typhoons in Mozambique?
Will Tropical Cyclone Idai be the biggest storm this year?
Why did Idai have such a devastating impact on Mozambique?
Did climate change play a part in this?
- Tropical Storm Hanna hits South Texas with high winds and heavy rain as coronavirus cases surge
- 'Super cyclone' Amphan batters Bangladesh and India
- 5 things to know for July 30: Coronavirus, police, stimulus, Hong Kong, Germany
- The Latest: Africa’s cases surpass 800,000, rising in Kenya
- The Latest: Africa's cases surpass 800,000, rising in Kenya
- What you need to know about coronavirus on Wednesday, July 22
- Africa's unsung army of women wage war on COVID-19
- The Latest: Pope welcomes medics from hard-hit Italy region
- The Latest: South Africa now at 471,000 coronavirus cases
- What you need to know about coronavirus on Tuesday, July 21
- Climate change will intensify cyclone risks, but a new model will help forecast their impact
- Locust attacks posing serious threat to food security in parts of East Africa, India: WMO
- Tropical Storm Isaias expected to form, bring heavy rain to Puerto Rico; long-range track remains uncertain
- St. Pete Testing Site Closes Ahead Of Tropical Storm Precaution
- FL Braces For Hurricane Isaias; Space Coast May Be Hit Hardest
- Army deployed to doorknock positive cases as Victoria records deadliest day
- Happy birthday Sonu Sood: Sending cyclones ‘back home’ to solving marital problems, 5 times he was at his wittiest on Twitter
- Oxford's Covid-19 vaccine appears safe and induces immune response, early results suggest, but more research is needed
- Dozens of hand sanitizers contain a toxic ingredient. How do you know yours is safe?
- Disney Plus - shows, movies, fees, apps, and everything else you need to know
Cyclone Idai could be the deadliest tropical cyclone to hit Africa. Here's what you need to know have 1309 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.