A Turkish Airlines passenger jet traveling from Istanbul to New York hit severe turbulence on Saturday (Mar 9) as it approached its destination, with 30 people suffering injuries before it landed safely, officials said. File photo of a Turkish Airlines flight. (Photo: AFP/Fabrice COFFRINI) The injured were taken from New York’s John F Kennedy International Airport to local hospitals, mainly for treatment of bumps, cuts and bruises. One flight attendant suffered a broken leg, according to Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which operates the area’s airports, bus terminals, bridges and tunnels. The Boeing 777 – which had 326 passengers and 21 crew on board – was over the Atlantic Ocean, about 45 minutes from landing, when it struck the turbulence, Coleman told AFP. Airport operations were not disrupted as a result of the incident, he added. Turkish Airlines did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Earlier in the day, a plane operated by Canada’s Air Transat made an emergency landing at another New York area airport – in Newark, New Jersey – after smoke was detected in the cargo hold, the company said. The Boeing 737-800, which had 189… Read full this story
- Greek PM to meet Turkish President in New York
- New York helicopter crash pilot 'did not know where he was'
- Review: What's it like to fly Turkish Airlines business class?
- Turkish Airlines carries some 50M passengers in 8 months
- Turkish Airlines, Oman Air grow codeshare deal
- Turkish Airlines marks 25th year of Istanbul-NY flights
- Turkish Airlines, Kuwait Airways sign codeshare deal
- Qatar Airways Qsuite Review: Doha to New York
- Turkish Airlines carried some 7 mln passengers in June
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner joins Turkish Airlines' fleet
Broken leg, cuts, bruises: 30 injured as turbulence hits Turkish Airlines flight to New York have 291 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.