British parliament holds a series of votes on Brexit proposals. (AFP/PRU) MPs won a vote that will allow them to seize control of parliamentary business on Wednesday by 329 to 302, with three junior ministers quitting after voting against the government. Foreign Office minister Alistair Burt and health minister Steve Brine resigned, a government source told AFP, while business minister Richard Harrington announced his decision to leave government on Twitter. In his resignation letter, Harrington said the government’s approach was “playing roulette with the lives and livelihoods of the vast majority of people in this country”. But the Brexit ministry said in a statement it was “disappointed” by the vote, adding that it “upends the balance between our democratic institutions and sets a dangerous, unpredictable precedent”. Three years after Britain voted to leave the European Union, Monday’s vote sets up a potentially crucial clash between government and parliament on the best way of ending a bitter political crisis. Opinion polls since June 2016 on how the UK would vote if there were a second referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU. (Remain/Leave/Don’t know) (AFP/Gillian HANDYSIDE AND Sophie RAMIS) MPs will now have the chance to vote on various options, such… Read full this story
- Downing Street blocked Mary Beard from British Museum job 'for her Brexit views'
- Why the private sector will play an increasingly bigger role in climate change and sustainability
- British Steel collapse: the role of Greybull Capital
- The Crown casts unknown British actor in controversial role of Prince Andrew
- Press faces 'darker future' if MPs vote for greater regulation
- First round of Brexit trade talks end with 'serious' differences, warns Barnier
- Ireland to seek emergency EU help in case of no-deal Brexit
- Boris Johnson warns EU leaders this week is their final chance to secure a Brexit deal
- Boris Johnson's Brexit options are so bad that he might have to call a no-confidence vote in himself
- Brexit: Why Boris Johnson Just Asked the Queen to Suspend Parliament
British MPs vote for bigger role in Brexit process have 346 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.