THREE people have died and another is injured after being caught up in an avalanche on Ben Nevis today. The Coastguard and an air ambulance have been scrambled to the UK’s highest peak following the horror at around 11.50am. Police Scotland said: “We were made aware of an avalanche on Ben Nevis shortly after 11:50 this morning. “Police Scotland is currently co-ordinating the mountain rescue response to this incident and is supporting partners at the scene. No further details are available at this time”The Scottish Avalanche Information Service had warned the avalanche hazard would be high in the area between last night and tonight. Ben Nevis is the highest mountain in Britain and stands at 1,345 metres above sea level. There have been a string of climbing accidents already this winter on the mountain. On New Year’s Day, a 21-year-old student at Bristol University died after she fell from a ridge she had been climbing with three other people.And in December, Patrick Boothroyd, 21, from West Yorkshire died on the mountain. More to follow… For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online. Thesun.co.uk is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life… Read full this story
- First woman to climb solo to the top of Canada’s highest mountain almost loses her life
- ‘Many dead’ in avalanche-hit hotel after Italy quake
- One dead, nine missing in avalanche in Himalayan mountain pass
- Skier Dies In Avalanche Near Crystal Mountain
- Four tourists from Sweden, Finland, presumed dead in avalanche in Norway
- 4 tourists from Sweden, Finland, presumed dead in avalanche in Norway
- This Parliament is a dead parliament, says UK A-G tells MPs
- 7 dead injured as strongest typhoon in 25 years batters Japan
- One dead, one missing as large avalanche engulfs snowmobilers in southeast B.C.
- Storm Hannah eases after battering western parts of UK
3 dead & 1 injured in avalanche on UK's highest mountain Ben Nevis have 328 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 12, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.