Back to English Comments Travel – February 6, 2019 | 04:35 pm GMT+7 Saigon’s Nguyen Hue Street transforms every New Year into a floral paradise and has giant images of the animal representing the year. Since the early 21st century Nguyen Hue Street in HCMC’s District 1 has been the main spring flower market for locals. People went there not only to buy flowers but also to enjoy the flower market during Tet, the Lunar New Year holiday. The city moved the spring flower market to September 23 Park, a 10-minute drive from the old location, causing many to long for a walk again on Nguyen Hue.In 2004 Nguyen Hue made a comeback but in a completely different garb: There was no more selling of flowers, and the place was meant solely for a spring experience. Every year since the street featured new themes and ideas.The first animal in the zodiac is the mouse, which was featured in Nguyen Hue in 2008 with the theme ‘Overcome’. There was a family of mice made from soft materials in giant sizes. Nguyen Hue flower street in the Year of the Ox, 2009, had the theme ‘Faith’. The image of buffalo herds resting by bamboo trees… Read full this story
- Shop at the annual Rittenhouse Square Flower Market
- Statues of 12 zodiac animals an eyesore in Ha Long square
- Kenya's $800 million flower market is seeing a boost, thanks to China
- Allahabad: Floods hit flower market, prices shoot
- IPOs are one of the hottest trades of the year, doubling the market's return
- Europe Full Year 2017: VW Golf celebrates 10 consecutive years at #1, market scores largest volume since 2007
- 10 years after housing market crash, how Rochester is faring
- France June 2016: Renault’s half year run pulls market up 0.8%
- Full Year 2014: Four markets updated with more data
- Should International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) Be Part Of Your Dividend Portfolio?
Zodiac animals over the years at Saigon's flower market - VnExpress International have 318 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 6, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.