A Dong Ho folk painting entitled “Pigs”. The pig symbolizes wealth and prosperity. When the lunar New Year comes, Vietnamese painters tend to paint on the theme of the particular zodiac animal of that year, creating an interesting genre of Vietnamese fine art. 2019 is the Year of the Pig which is the last animal of the 12 zodiac signs. As the Pig symbolizes material wealth and optimism and bodes well for a prosperous year, a number of people are looking to acquire a painting of a pig in the hope of gaining happiness and prosperity. Ms. Nguyen Thu Phuong of Nam Tu Liem district, Hanoi, is very excited about the beautiful painting of a pig she just bought. “The pig is the last animal in the zodiac cycle. It is also my personal zodiac animal. So this year, I want to decorate my house with a picture of a Pig that will bring my family a prosperous and happy year. I want to maintain the habit of buying a painting for each Tet holiday in the years to come,” Phuong said. A pig in the Kim Hoang folk painting genre. Each year corresponds to one of the twelve animals… Read full this story
- Zoos make higher revenues in Eid al-Fitr holiday
- Dragon Ball Super Animator Draws Super Saiyan Goku and Internet Goes Crazy
- Eviction looms as Hadleigh animal charity makes desperate plea for new site
- Hadleigh animal sanctuary in dire situation after prospect of new site falls through
- From Bloom to Cat Laughs – what’s on this Bank Holiday weekend
- how to decorate with colour if you're scared — by Great British Interior Design Challenge judge Sophie Robinson
- Ways to deal with dreaded marks on painted walls
- The Roots of Modern Body Painting
- Planning your holidays? These are the books to escape with this summer
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Digby's Artful Retreat: Everything you need to know!
Zodiac animal paintings decorated for Tet holidays have 326 words, post on english.vov.vn at February 7, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.