Nicolas Audier It is no coincidence that Hanoi was chosen to host the second summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un. The fact that both sides selected Hanoi for their historic meeting shows the high level of faith that they have placed in Vietnam as a trusted and reliable partner. This is a huge diplomatic achievement for the Vietnamese government, and one which solidifies Vietnam’s position on the global stage and as a leader in ASEAN. However, unlike Singapore, where the first meeting between the two leaders was held, Vietnam is more than just an impartial host. It holds considerable relevance for North Korea at this point. While there are differences, Vietnam and North Korea have shared some common historical and political challenges. However, over the last few decades, the two countries have taken two quite different directions. While North Korea remains relatively isolated, Vietnam has reunified and established itself as a modern nation, and an influential and integral part of ASEAN. It is now a leader in the region and at home on the global stage. Indeed, it is noteworthy that Vietnam has developed strong and positive relationships with the United States, normalising relations… Read full this story
- North Korea says nuclear talks with the US have broken down
- North Korea welcomes Trump’s call for ‘new method’ in talks
- North Korea in fresh US talks
- North Korea quits 'sickening negotiations' with the US
- North Korea boasts its latest test missile landed just SEVEN metres from its target as Kim promises a 'bigger gift package' for the US and claims South Korea and Trump are practising dropping nuclear bombs
- Ball in Trump’s Court for North Korea Success
- Soccer: Flags fly, anthems play, but North Korea blacks out World Cup qualifier with South
- North Korea World Cup qualifier with South played to empty stands
- North Korea fires sea-launch missile before US talks
- North Korea Hopes to Hold Working-Level Talks with US 'Soon'
Vietnam’s development path a good roadmap for North Korea - VnExpress International have 341 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.