Efforts are in place and ongoing to adopt digital technologies and turn Vietnam into a regional travel destination based on smart tourism development. A plan setting a target of $45 billion in tourism revenue by 2025 and exports through tourism reaching $27 billion was recently approved by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and aims to restructure Vietnam’s tourism industry and turn it into a spearhead economic sector. The tourism sector will be revamped and imbued with the Vietnamese cultural identity so that the country acquires a world-acclaimed tourism brand. Smart tourism will be broadly applied, while the sector’s competitiveness will receive a boost. Smart travel destination Representatives from ministries, tourism analysts, and international investors have encouraged the implementation of the latest technology to develop the country’s tourism industry, in particular focusing on sustainable tourism and loosening visa regulations as well as branding and online marketing. Industry 4.0, with its advances in information technology (IT), has driven traditional tourism to transform into “smart tourism”. Applying technology in tourism enables travelers to book flights, hotels, and tickets to tourist attractions, while they can also search for places to enjoy local food without having to rely on travel agencies. Hanoi launched a new… Read full this story
- Vietnam tourism prepares for comeback
- Ministry prepares plans on recovery of tourism market
- International visitors to Vietnam in April decline 98.2 percent year-on-year
- Vietnam’s tourism admin reverts ban on tourists sharing COVID-19 updates, blames 'slip'
- Vietnam’s tourism admin reverses ban on tourists sharing COVID-19 updates, blames 'slip'
- Vietnam’s tourism recovers after being severely affected by COVID-19
- Vietnam launches national tourism campaign to stimulate domestic market
- What is waiting for Vietnam’s tourism after Covid-19?
- Vietnam caught between efforts to stem disease and ensure future tourism
- Short-term ‘fear factor’ could boost Chinese tourism to Vietnam
Vietnam tourism at the fingertips have 312 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at February 6, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.