President of Argentina Mauricio Macri (right) and Vietnamese Deputy PM Vu Duc Dam at the Forum (Photo: VNA)
The statement was made by Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam at a Vietnam – Argentina Business Forum which was held in Hanoi on February 21.
The event also saw the presence of Argentine President Mauricio Macri on the occasion of his official visit to Vietnam from February 19-21.
The Vietnamese Deputy PM emphasised that the Vietnam – Argentina Business Forum was an important milestone, creating a new driving force to promote the cooperation between the two countries.
Deputy PM Vu Duc Dam speaking at the Forum (Photo: VGP)
He also noted that Argentina is Vietnam’s second largest export market in Latin America (after Brazil), with total bilateral trade turnover of nearly US$2.9 billion.
According to Deputy PM Dam, so far there have only been four investment projects from Argentina in Vietnam and the Vietnamese Government has attached great importance to and appreciated these pioneering investors, while wishing to attract more investors.
He expressed his hope that the Argentine Government and business community would create favourable conditions for Vietnamese enterprises to invest and do business in the country.
For his part, President of Argentina Mauricio Macri said that Argentine enterprises want to find a way to connect with Vietnamese businesses for further cooperation, towards sharing common interests.
Argentina wishes to not only export agricultural products to Vietnam but also enhance cooperation in technology, telecommunications, the application of nuclear energy for peace, and football development through the establishment of a football academy in Vietnam, he added.
Within the framework of the Forum, representatives from ministries, agencies and enterprises from the two countries discussed the strengths and potential of the two economies as well as measures to promote connectivity between the two sides.
- Chilly conditions dampen business along the coast
- Haynes and Boone Represents Shell Affiliates in $950M Sale of Argentine Businesses
- Porterfield pins hopes on favourable conditions
- Russian business eyes reform in Putin's fourth term
- PM: Vietnam creates more opportunities for European investors
- RoK helps Vietnam build e-government system
- How a billionaire Argentine family manages succession and strife
- Argentine note auction seen as key as peso slide deepens
- Templeton said to buy $2.3bn in Argentine peso bonds
- Business Breakfast RECAP: Ex-Volkswagen boss faces charges over diesel emissions cheating scandal