On February 15, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe hosted a reception for VNA General Director Nguyen Duc Loi.
On this occasion, PM Abe also granted an exclusive interview to VNA, focusing on the Vietnam-Japan strategic partnership. The PM said he had previously visited Vietnam four times in his capacity as the Japanese Government leader, during which he received a warm welcome from the Vietnamese Government and people.
PM Abe hoped that more and more Vietnamese skilled workers would come to work in Japan, and that more Vietnamese tourists would visit the country in the future as well.
The PM said he had invited PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc to attend the G20 Summit 2019 in Osaka, adding that Japan as host of the G20 Summit and Vietnam as Chair of ASEAN in 2020 need to uphold their leadership roles and enhance cooperation to deal with regional issues, firstly in the fields of security and economy.
Speaking highly of the Vietnam-Japan coordination to realise the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), PM Abe said the deal is important to creating a new economic area based on fairness and freedom.
The PM hoped that Vietnam will tap into opportunities brought about by the CPTPP to develop its economy and improve its people’s lives. Japan wants to cooperate with Vietnam to build a free and open Indo-Pacific region, he said.
During the visit, VNA General Director Nguyen Duc Loi also held talks with Kyodo President Toru Mizutani.
Having spoke highly of the long-standing, close and effective ties between VNA and Kyodo, Loi affirmed that VNA will continue to treasure and use information sources from Kyodo, especially those related to the Northeast Asia situation.
He thanked Kyodo for its sharing of experience in building a modern news agency with multimedia news, especially the use of artificial intelligence in news production.
Loi also invited Mizutani to attend the meeting of the Organisation of the Asia-Pacific News Agencies (OANA) Executive Board scheduled for April 19-20 in Vietnam. The two sides also signed a memorandum of understanding on cooperation.
Mizutani highlighted the growing relations between Kyodo and VNA and expressed his wish that both sides would continue to offer mutual support in information.
The VNA delegation also held a working session with executives of NNA Japan Company regarding cooperation in economic news and joined several journalism activities with Kyodo in the Japanese prefecture of Hokkaido.
VNA General Director Nguyen Duc Loi and his entourage also visited the Vietnamese Embassy in Japan.–VNA
- Vietnamese Ministry of Justice delegation on working visit to Laos
- Vietnamese, Lao news agencies forge cooperation to raise information quality
- President Donald Trump pays unannounced visit to US troops in Iraq
- Refinitiv Expands Partnership with Indonesia's National News Agency to Provide Realtime Indonesia Market Insights
- Report: A More Conservative Alternative To Fox News Is In The Works
- Australian naval ships pay goodwill visit to Vietnam
- Inside pics from Alia Bhatt’s 26th birthday party: Ranbir Kapoor pays a visit, actor cuts 3 cakes with parents and friends
- Fox News Whistleblowers, Struggling for Work, Claim Widespread TV Industry Retaliation: "No One Was Hiring Me"
- NA Chairwoman leaves Hà Nội for Russia, Belarus visits
- Indian scholar hails Vietnamese President’s upcoming visit