Rodong Sinmun, the official newspaper of the DPRK’s Workers’ Party of Korea, ran an article on Vietnam’s economic development on February 27, in which it hailed Vietnam’s economic potential. The article highlighted the Vietnamese Government’s efforts to accelerate economic renovation and consolidate the socialist regime, which indicated the DPRK’s interest in Vietnam’s Doi Moi (renewal) process. National flags of the DPRK, the US and Vietnam attached to a plaque with a friendship symbol of handshake are decorating many streets downtown Hanoi. The same day, an article on Singapore’s Chinese-language Zaobao spotlighted Hanoi’s preparation for the rare summit on February 27-28. Both Trump and Kim received warm welcome from local people who waved flowers and flags when they arrived in Vietnam on February 26. The article also noted that the national flags of the DPRK, the US and Vietnam attached to a plaque with a friendship symbol of handshake are decorating many streets in downtown Hanoi. It said with only 10 days for preparations, workers in Hanoi worked throughout the nights to decorate the streets around the hotels where the US and DPRK leaders will stay. As the summit takes place on the occasion of 20 years the capital city of… Read full this story
- Is Jan Gehl winning his battle to make our cities liveable?
- Vietnam attends 23rd GMS ministerial conference in Phnom Penh
- Vietnam treasures peace, stability: Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh
- Who is in Team will.i.am on The Voice 2019?
- U.N. Climate Summit Makes Real Progress While Trump Lives in Fantasy
- Do I need Amazon Prime to take advantage of Prime Day 2019?
- Why Did Apple Just Host a Campaign Event for Trump in Texas?
- British Airways’ tight turnaround schedule revealed in behind the scenes video – and crew have just seven seconds to clean each seat
- In 2019, we need politics that does not dominate and bully women
- Super Bowl 2019: Travis Scott Halftime Appearance With Maroon 5 Slammed by Fans as 'Disappointing'
US-DPRK Summit 2019: Vietnam makes int’l headlines as host for second DPRK-USA Summit have 342 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.