Far Cry: New Dawn wins the battle of the new releases this week as it debuts at No.1 in the UK physical sales chart, ahead of Metro: Exodus at No.2. Xbox One console exclusive Crackdown 3, however, fails to make the top 10 for the week ending February 16.
Sales monitor GfK Chart-Track also notes that Metro: Exodus was top of the chart in terms of revenue–likely owing to New Dawn’s lower RRP. Microsoft’s commitment to making all first party games available on release day at no extra cost with Xbox Game Pass should also be remembered. For comparison’s sake, the last big Xbox exclusive, Forza Horizon 4, debuted at No.3, so Crackdown 3’s No.13 finish may come as a disappointment for Microsoft. Jump Force is the final new release this week, and it finishes at No.4 in its first week on sale.
Far Cry: New Dawn launched to a mixed critical reception. We awarded the spin-off a 6/10 in our Far Cry: New Dawn review, with critic Edmond Tran stating the open-world title “is a palatable but unremarkable spin-off that feels like it could have achieved so much more.”
Our 8/10 Metro: Exodus review, meanwhile, was rather more positive. Michael Higham said “Exodus puts together a charismatic crew of friends and family that you’ll want to follow to the ends of the earth.”
Finally, Crackdown 3 has suffered from a poor reception from critics, including a 5/10 in GameSpot’s Crackdown 3 review. Chris Pereira said “the game has little new to offer beyond cool destruction tech that never gets put to good use.”
You can read the full top 10 sales chart below, courtesy of UKIE and Chart-Track. Note this table does not include digital sales data, and so should not be considered representative of all UK game sales.
- Far Cry: New Dawn
- Metro: Exodus
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Jump Force
- FIFA 19
- Resident Evil 2
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- Kingdom Hearts
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]
- In reversal, UK says it will make masks mandatory in shops
- James Harden, cleared to play, makes Disney practice debut
- [email protected]: Defending champs make winning start in kabaddi; men blank Maldives in badminton
- Rockets' James Harden cleared to play, makes Disney practice debut
- Gaming monitor deals of the week - 14th July 2020
- The best Steam Festival demos: strategy games
- Coronavirus: No 10 considering mandatory face masks in shops in England
- CPU deals of the week - 13th July 2020
- Here's Summer Games Done Quick 2020's online speedrun schedule
- When will UK lockdown end? How Scotland, Wales and England are easing rules
- Nav's 'Good Intentions' Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart
- Drake's 'One Dance' No. 1 on Hot 100; Twenty One Pilots 'Ride' to Top 10
- Juice WRLD's 'Legends Never Die' Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 With Biggest Week of 2020
- Justin Bieber Scores Sixth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Purpose'
- Drake's 'One Dance' No. 1 on Hot 100 for Eighth Week
- Blink-182 Tops Alternative Songs Chart for First Time in 12 Years
- Nav Set for Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With ‘Good Intentions’
- China warns the UK 'had better ask its people if they agree to let three million Hong Kongers move there' before approving the plan to defy Beijing's security law
- Linkin Park Scores Sixth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'One More Light'
- Linkin Park On Course for 10th Top 10 Album on Billboard 200 Chart
Top 10 UK Games Chart: Crackdown 3 Makes Slow Start In Debut Week have 557 words, post on www.gamespot.com at February 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.