The Quality Model Group of companies (The QM Group) recently announced the expansion of its existing Orangeburg County plastic injection molding operations. The firm’s $9.5 million investment is projected to create 37 new jobs.
Headquartered in Ontario, Canada, The QM Group is a leading international business, specializing in mold building, injection molding, urethane molding, thermoforming, and secondary assembly. The company operates five North American facilities, with locations in Indiana, Michigan, Ontario, and South Carolina. The Orangeburg County facility operates under The QM Group’s plastics division, which offers design, tool building, and manufacturing services for the power sports, industrial, automotive, and aftermarket industries.
Located at 190 Global Drive in Orangeburg, S.C., The QM Group’s Orangeburg County facility was opened in 2004. Since that time, the company has invested more than $16 million and created 100 new jobs in the community.
“The QM Group is pleased to reaffirm, through this investment, our confidence in the Orangeburg community and in South Carolina for fostering the appropriate competitive advantages for our business,” said Bill Szekesy, founder and owner. “Our preference for this location has been established to the point where we have now designated it as our U.S. operations headquarters. We are excited to be part of the growing community of businesses who are now calling South Carolina home.”
- Prep for imminent N Syria operation ongoing: Defense Minister
- Operation Peace Spring starts in N Syria: Erdoğan
- County lines: Girls under the radar in drug gangs
- DeKalb County Board, sheriff's office at odds over jail staff
- How Lake County will encourage energy-efficient projects
- Controversial marina to be expanded?
- Uber takes stake in online grocery group Cornershop
- Derby County: Cocu speaks amid 'alcohol related' crash
- Record number of knives taken off streets in Operation Sceptre
- Eco-minded county councillor is shortlisted for national award