Famed lawyer Michael Avenatti revealed new evidence against R. Kelly, including a new videotape of Kelly allegedly engaging in sexual acts with a minor. Avenatti released a statement exposing the new information against the fallen R&B singer on Thursday.
“Approximately ten months ago, in April 2018, my office was retained by multiple clients in connection with allegations of sexual assault of minors by musical artist Robert Kelly (R. Kelly). Following our retention, we proceeded to thoroughly and quietly investigate the allegations through witness interview and the examination of documents/evidence throughout the United States,” the statement read. “Due to the importance of ensuring justice is finally done in this matter and because we are deeply concerned that Mr. Kelly has not been held accountable for his sexual abuse of young African-American girls, whom are especially vulnerable, we have done so on a pro bono basis. Importantly, it has now resulted in the discovery of significant new evidence conclusively establishing Mr. Kelly’s illegal sexual assault of young girls.”
He added: “Included in the evidence we recently uncovered and recovered is a VHS videotape of Mr. Kelly engaging in multiple sexual assaults of a girl underage. This tape, which is clear, is approximately 45 minutes in length and has never previously been publicly disclosed or, until recently, provided to law enforcement.”
Avenatti noted the video he received is not the infamous video, which R. Kelly stood trial for on child pornography charges in 2008 and was ultimately found not guilty.
“Importantly, this conclusive video evidence is not the same evidence previously seen and used in connection with the prior criminal matter in which Mr. Kelly was charged nor does it depict the same instances of sexual assault. Further, the time frame of the sexual assaults depicted in the video is within the Illinois statute of limitations,” he said.
Avenatti revealed his office had provided all the evidence and information against Kelly to Cook County State Attorney Kim Foxx in Chicago.
He concluded: “Our work has been painstaking, detailed, expensive and time-consuming. Mr. Kelly is a predator and a criminal who has prayed on young, vulnerable girls for far too long. The time has come for him to finally be held accountable for his actions.”
Avenatti’s statement comes just one month following the explosive Lifetime docuseries, Surviving R. Kelly, which exposed Kelly’s history of alleged sexual abuse of women and young girls. The unsettling series included interviews of former members of Kelly’s inner circle who claimed to have witnessed the “I Believe I Can Fly” singer’s alleged relationships with underage girls, as well as women who accused Kelly of physically, mentally and sexually abusing them. The six-part docuseries, which aired over the course of three nights, premiered in January.
- Magnolia pastor faces additional child sexual assault charges
- A&E Shelves Danny Masterson Sexual Assault Episode After Scientology Smear Campaign
- R. Kelly May Be Indicted Over New Sex Tape With Allegedly Underage Girl
- R. Kelly’s Lawyer: Singer ‘Disappointed by Unsubstantiated Allegations’
- R. Kelly Cries, Yells Straight Into the Camera in First TV Interview Since Posting Bail: 'I'm Fighting for My F*****g Life!'
- We Get It. It’s Harvey Weinstein’s News Cycle. But What About Our Black Girls?
Michael Avenatti Says He Has R. Kelly Video Showing Singer Committing 'Multiple Sexual Assault's of Underage Girl' have 539 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 14, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.